Monday, June 18, 2012

Tuesday Teaser 6/19


Teaser Tuesday Is a Weekly bookish Meme, Hosted by MitzB of Should Be Reading. 
Anyone can play along.  Just do the following:

1.Grab your current read
2.Open to a random page
3.Share 2 Teaser sentences from somewhere on that page

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure what you share doesn’t give too much away!  You don’t want to ruin the book for others)

Share title and author too, so other TT players can put on their TBR list if they like what you shared.
Please leave a comment to either your own Tuesday Teaser post, or share your teasers in comment area if you don’t have a blog. (if a new follower let me know that too.)

My Current Read is Rapture (Book 4 Fallen Series) by Lauren Kate (Link takes you to Goodreads)


Rapture: Kindle 2815

Five silver starshots sailed silently across the empty space of the chapel. The cluster of them loosened as they flew, seeming to hang in midair for a moment on their path toward Luce and Daniel.

Daniel.

Luce pressed herself back against Daniel’s chest. He had the opposite instinct: His arms pulled tight against her and dragged her down against the floor.

Two great pairs of wings crossed the space in front of Luce, erupting from the left and right. One was a radiant coppery gold, the other  the purest silvery white. They filled the air before her and Daniel like enormous feathered screens-and then were gone in the blink of an eye.

Something whizzed by her left ear. She turned and saw a single starshot ricochet off the gray stone wall and clatter to the floor. The other starshots were gone.

A fine iridescent grit settles around Luce.



Also reading The Hunter and the Hunted by Kelly Armstrong

The Hunter and the Hunted:
Kindle Location126
(Clay's point of view to Elena)

“Nope, still hungry.”

She brandished her fork. “Then get your own or-“
I snatched another slice, too slow this time, and she stabbed the back of my hand. I yelped. “I warned you,” she laughed.

The women at the next table stared in horror. Elena glances their way. Five years ago, she would have blused. Ten years ago, she would have found an excuse to leave. Today, she just murmured a rueful “Whoops” and dug into her potatoes.

Check out my First Chapter, First Paragraph Tuesday Intros post, you may like that too (has a teaser too) They are too long to put in one post, click the Picture below to go to it. Leave me word that you came, and if you have a post.

10 comments:

  1. I really liked the second one. It made me laugh. Thanks for visiting my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's getting hot in here . . . your site's had an overhaul! I like it!
    Great Teasers this week! I'm so behind in the Fallen series, I still have books 3 and the novella to read, oh well, one day!
    Here's My TT!
    Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard about Kelly Armstrong before... Although I haven't read her book yet. Awesome pick this week.

    ai-books

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read book 2, but I'm waiting to read Rapture, I'm very iffy about it! I hope you're enjoying both your books :D

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got Rapture. Need to read that Fallen in Love book of short stories first, though, to reacquaint myself with the series.

    Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my teaser from Such a Rush! Happy Tuesday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to take a break from Rapture because I just wasn't enjoying it but your teaser has me intrigued again ha I hadn't got that far. I hope your enjoying it. I'll definitely go back to it because I want to see how the series ends :)

    Thanks for stopping by my TT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great teasers! I haven't read Fallen yet. Still debating since I've heard both good and bad things about it! thanks for stopping by my TT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, Rapture <3 I remember that quote when I read the book! I love the second teaser! It made me smile :)

    Thanks for stopping by!
    Jessirae @ Words, Pages, and Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rapture! Such a great part. Very sad, too. And I love the Clay&Elena teaser. I've only read the first few books in the series, but I love their banter. Thanks for sharing!

    Feel free to check out my teaser here.

    ReplyDelete