Thursday, June 14, 2012

Black Dawn (Morganville Vampires Book 12) By Rachel Caine - Book Review

Black Dawn (The Morganville Vampires, #12)Black Dawn by Rachel Caine
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


In Last Breath, the rain brought a new and dire threat to Morganville and its vampires... their ancient enemies, the draug. Now, the vampires are fighting a losing war, and it will fall to the residents of the Glass House: Michael, Eve, Shane and Claire, to take the fight to an enemy who threatens to destroy the town, forever.

Lovers of Morganville, rejoice: Black Dawn takes the intrigue, romance and nail-biting suspense of the series to its highest level yet!
(Summary in Book)

My Review:

Black Dawn picks up almost right were the last book left off, with Claire and friends trying to figure out any way possible to fight off Magnus and his thrall. (Magnus is a Master draug, and ancient enemy of Vampires) Since the draug live as part of water, that means the storms hitting Morganville are much more deadly, and even the drinking/washing water isn’t safe. With Amelie bitten and transforming into a draug herself, Oliver is stepping up to take over with possibly disastrous results. Will Claire and Myrnin be able to come up with a successful weapon before Amelie is turned and even more hell breaks loose?

Well, it is an exciting read, packed with adventure, and twist and turns. I really enjoyed it, and I have read all the previous books, and it surprises me that with this being the 12th book, it’s one of the best. If you read the early ones, and wasn’t hooked, you should give this one a try, these books really have gotten better, especially the last few ones in the series.

Here is a quote I found especially funny, I previously shared this on my blog as a teaser.

Kindle location 481

Shane settled his flamethrower more comfortable on his shoulders. “Ladies? After you.”
“Rude,” Claire said.
“I was being polite!”
“Not when you have a flamethrower.”


I also thought it was so funny that Shane nicknamed Myrin Batty McCrackula, lol

I really enjoyed how we got to dip into the minds of more characters. The last book did this some, but only a few people. In this one, we will have whole chapters from another’s POV, we get inside Michael, Eve, Amelie, Oliver, Shane, Hannah, and Naomi, but the majority is still Claire. I really liked that. I was thinking it might have been cool to get a POV of Myrnin, but then thought, that might have been a little crazy in there, lol.

Overall? Black Dawn is a great continuation of the Morganville Vampires series.

You will be hanging on the edge of your seat, with all the action and suspense going on.



View all my review
                                   s

3 comments:

  1. I like being inside the character's heads as I read a story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, lol, its quite interesting,especially a guys, I really liked seeing inside Michael's head in this book, Shane too. They are pretty awesome guys, :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good choice, thanks for popping over xx

    ReplyDelete