Wednesday, January 9, 2013

#YA Bound Swoon ~ Riven (Illumine Book 3)


Hosted By YA Bound. It's that time again! We (YA Bound) created a HOT meme, and if you're new to the game, here's how to join in the fun:

From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering.

Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag #YABound, post it here in the comments, or grab the adorable button at YA Bound (I made my own) and share it on your blog. We want to know.



My Swoon:

In that moment, all I wanted was to not feel alone. All I wanted was him. My lips crashed against his, feeling his petal soft lips melt against mine as I dug my hands into his hair. He pressed his hands against the small of my back, crushing his chest against mine. My hands moved from his hair, sliding over his cheeks and running along the back of his neck. Kayden trailed his lips along my neck, butterfly kisses wandering past my collarbone to the top of my chest. I flung a hand out along the bookcase, clinging to the wood as my legs buckled beneath me.

Published December 7th 2012 by Anders, Alivia
ISBN 1470077183 (ISBN13: 9781470077181)
Series Illumine #3

Blurb:
The third installment of The Illumine Series. 

Captured, imprisoned, and left to burn. You know what they say- where there's smoke there's fire...
For the last two weeks, Essallie Hanley has been a prisoner, in more ways than one. Held hostage by the Queen, she is forced to endure the mind-numbing pain tearing her body- and soul -apart, killing her with every tick of the clock. It seems all hope is lost, until one chance moment gives Essallie a name, Rinae Decante, the final person needed for the Queen to unveil her master plan to end Essallie. Armed with this name, and with the help of Ari and Kayden, Essallie breaks free from her captivity and launches in a search for this mystery girl. 
But their search doesn't go as smoothly as planned, and the three soon find themselves fighting against an impenetrable course of fate aimed to destroy them all from the inside out. When Essallie falls victim to her altering soul, they all begin to wonder of there's any chance at all to save themselves from the burning effects of their actions. 
Love, lies, and betrayal.  No one is safe from the undoing of secrets surrounding Essallie.

2 comments: