Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Intuition (The Premonition #2) By Amy A. Bartol ~ Book Review

Published December 22nd 2011 by Createspace
ISBN 1466266732 (ISBN13: 9781466266735)


I don’t open my eyes so I can’t see him, but I can smell him. He thickens the air I breathe, choking me with his scent…his aroma. I shiver. I have to resist. If I’m not strong, then I will be relegated to the same fate as this predator whose sickness infects me even now. But now, I crave him and he knows that; he has been counting on my need to end the gnawing pain. How he would savor my surrender. I’m alive, but how much longer will it take until I beg him not to be?

About this author


Author of Inescapable: The Premonition Series (Volume 1), Intuition: The Premonition Series (Volume 2), Indebted: The Premonition Series (Volume 3) , and Incendiary: The Premonition Series (Volume 4). Currently working on a fifth novel in the Premonition Series entitled Iniquity.
I live in Michigan with my husband and our two sons. My family is very supportive of my writing. When I’m writing, they often bring me the take-out menu so that I can call and order them dinner. They listen patiently when I talk about my characters like they’re real. They rarely roll their eyes when I tell them I’ll only be a second while I finish writing a chapter…and then they take off their coats. They ask me how the story is going when I surface after living for hours in a world of my own making. They have learned to accept my “writing uniform” consisting of a slightly unflattering pink fleece jacket, t-shirt, and black yoga pants. And they smile at my nerdy bookishness whenever I try to explain urban fantasy to them. In short, they get me, so they are perfect and I am blessed. Please visit me at my website: www.amyabartol.weebly.com

Be sure to visit her PineInterest page, it has boards for each book with her idea of models for the characters and more.

Links

Intuition (The Premonition series #2) Review

Oh My God!! This amazing sequel to Inescapable is so heart wrenching! How many ways can my heart be torn apart. Amy did an amazing job of bringing these intense emotions to life. I felt like I was Evie, what she had to go through just tore me up. She was so strong, and I felt everything with her. In a way, I was glad some of the depression parts were then switched to Russel’s poing of view, otherwise, It may have made me depressed with her even more. But, I really did not like being in his head so much. His slang talk got on my nerves, as it sounds like more of a hick town in Oklahoma than North Dakota,(or south, don’t remember), as I been to both places, and its not like in this book, hated that part, makes him sound so dumb.

Anyway, he has remembered all his past lives now, since Evie saved him in the first book, so to me that should have matured him a lot, I mean, thousands of years worth of past lives memories should have made him grow up. But he still acted too immature to me. 
Yeah, I know he is her soul mate, the part that is her soul, but the angel part of Evie is stronger, is its pull to Reed is undeniable. In angel ways, he is her; well let’s call it Angel-Mate, that makes sense to me. Anyway, the thoughts of him not giving up, and how to get her to choose him were a little on the immature side. But as it went on it got better, and I really started to like Russel. He does love her and only wants to protect her. He is a hero in this book. He does not do what Evie had asked of him, if something happens to her, he is to run, and not look for her. Of course that does not happen when she is kidnapped by the  Gancanagh (Faeries who were turned into Vampire like creatures)

So a little summary overall for you. This book starts with these amazing characters trying to survive and find some happiness, even though they are in constant danger, and are being hunted basically. Alfred is still out there plotting a way to get her, so he can get her soul. They also still need to keep Evie hidden from the other angels who won’t understand who and what she is, and not know if she is a threat or not. Reed tries to give Evie some precious time just being together and a little vacation with Reed, Buns, and Zee, and then an attack happens, and it threatens her precious family. (Russel was with Brownie spending some time with his family before he has to go into hiding, since he is now going to be hunted, if you read book one, you know why)

So after the attack, and they are able to get away, she makes one of the hardest decisions ever, she decided to leave with Russel to try and keep Reed and the rest out of danger. She overhears a conversation, on how if the Dominion (rulers of a sorts of the Powers angels) will hunt down anyone helping or protecting Evie. She thinks she will be saving them, by being gone. It’s the hardest thing she ever does, and it breaks her heart. So to top it off, not only does she have this extreme agony of leaving her one true love behind wasn’t enough, suddenly Evie is taken by the Gancanaugh, and Brennus who is the leader claims her as his own, and will stop at nothing to change her into one of them, to be his queen. Brennus breaks her and forces her to become someone she doesn’t recognize. Will she be able to escape before she becomes one of them herself? Will she ever see Reed and her friends again? Yeah, good questions, and you need to read to find out.
I really was tearing up when after months of being gone, Evie gave in and used a cell phone she found, and listened to the heart-breaking messages from her voicemail. Oh my god, it was just so emotional. 

Here is one of them from Reed:

“Evie…where are you? I need…I need you…I can’t exist without you—you have to come back to me,” Reed says, and the pain that those words contain cannot be measured. I can’t see. My tears are blinding me. I save it automatically, but I don’t think I can ever listen to that message again. I don’t ever want to hear his voice sound like that again.

Here is another emotional message, from Buns:

“Sweetie,” Buns’s voice floats gently through the receiver, “you have to come home. When Reed found out you weren’t on the train…he completely lost it. I’ve never seen him like this—I’ve never seen a Power like this. It’s like he’s really sick. He can’t sleep—he can’t eat—he goes over every detail of the days before you disappeared, looking for clues of where you might have gone. We know that you boarded a bus. He got the surveillance disks, but your trail went cold in Mackinaw. If you care about him at all…it doesn’t matter what Dominion will do to him. It can’t be any worse than what you are doing to him now…” She pauses, taking a deep breath before she says, “But, if you decide you can’t come home, then I want to tell you—I will always love you, too, sweetie,” Buns says and it sounds like she was crying. “Brownie and Zee are here and they want me to says that they love you, too. We will always be looking for you, sweetie.” When this message ends, I save it.

Yeah, this book tore me up, But, after all that agony, and some twist I didn’t expect, we do see some happiness at the end, so bear through it, it’s worth it. I won’t say what exactly happens; let’s just say it does get better.

I will not say more at this point, you need to go experience this amazing book for yourself. This series has become a favorite of mine. It’s written so well, and do deep.

5 out of 5 huge stars, if I could do more I would, lol

I was provided a copy of this book from the author for my honest review.
If you liked my review, would love your support at Amazon, by marking it as helpful there. link is Here  Or click Like at Goodreads, Here


Inescapable (Book 1) Review
Intuition (Book 2) Review
Indebted (Book 3)  Review


Here is my idea of what the characters look like, some are the same as the Author Amy, and got those from her Pineinterest page. 

Reed: From Amy's Pineinterest , she has as another character, but I see this as more Reed 


Red/Evie this also from Amy's Pineinterest, this is the exact color of her hair I imagined.

Zee And Buns (From Amy's Pineinterest) 


Brownie (from Amy's Pineinterest)


Russel (from Amy's Pineinterest)

Brennus (This is my idea, with more sea-foam green eyes) Image from Here


This one (William Levy) is how I would see Finn, (Image from Here


Below is other books in this series. Reviews coming on them too


0 comments:

Post a Comment