Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Inescapable (The Premonition #1) By Amy A. Bartol ~ Book Review

Inescapable (The Premonition #1)
Published August 8th 2011 by CreateSpace (first published January 1st 2011)
ISBN 1461072514 (ISBN13: 9781461072515)
                          
My name is Evie Claremont and this was to be the making of me--my freshman year of college. I had been hoping that once I had arrived on Crestwood's campus, the nightmare that I've been having would go away. It hasn't.
I may be an inexperienced seventeen-year-old, but I'm grounded...sane. Since meeting sophomore Reed Wellington, however, nothing makes any sense. Whenever he is near, I feel an attraction to him--a magnetic kind of force pulling me towards him. I know what you're thinking...that sounds fairly awesome. Yeah, it would--if he liked me, but Reed acts as if I'm the worst thing that's ever happened to Crestwood...or him. But, get this, for some reason every time I turn around he's there, barging into my life.
What is the secret he is keeping from me? I'm hoping that it is anything but what I expect: that he is not exactly normal...and neither am I. So maybe Crestwood won't be the making of me, but it could be the breaking of me. I have been left to wonder if the dark future my dream is foretelling is...inescapable.
About this author

Author of Inescapable: The Premonition Series (Volume 1), Intuition: The Premonition Series (Volume 2), Indebted: The Premonition Series (Volume 3) , and Incendiary: The Premonition Series (Volume 4). Currently working on a fifth novel in the Premonition Series entitled Iniquity.
I live in Michigan with my husband and our two sons. My family is very supportive of my writing. When I’m writing, they often bring me the take-out menu so that I can call and order them dinner. They listen patiently when I talk about my characters like they’re real. They rarely roll their eyes when I tell them I’ll only be a second while I finish writing a chapter…and then they take off their coats. They ask me how the story is going when I surface after living for hours in a world of my own making. They have learned to accept my “writing uniform” consisting of a slightly unflattering pink fleece jacket, t-shirt, and black yoga pants. And they smile at my nerdy bookishness whenever I try to explain urban fantasy to them. In short, they get me, so they are perfect and I am blessed. Please visit me at my website: www.amyabartol.weebly.com

Be sure to visit her PineInterest page, it has boards for each book with her idea of models for the characters and more.

Links

My Review

Wow, I  had no idea this book was going to be so good. I am so glad I have the next 3 already, lol. Whew, I read it in one sitting, its not short either, but I am a speed reader so reading a book a day is common for me, but still, wow. I was hooked. I fell in love with Reed, wow.

Yeah, he was mean and all that in the beginning, kinof the same kind of mean that Daemon is in the Lux series for those who know of him, you will know exactly what I mean.
I really liked Russel too, and it was sad that he got hurt so much, won’t give details, but it’s just sad.

I really liked Evie, she is amazing, a big kind hearted person who thinks of all others before herself. She has had a bit of a sad life losing her mom when she gave birth to her, and her dad gone, not knowing who he is. She is raised by a very kind uncle.

The first part of the book is just a bit slow, but it does not take long to really pick up. Its all necessary to know what is going on. I love the world building Amy did, she is amazing on that. I felt like I was right there with Evie, feeling what she felt, and had me crying with her a few times.

There is some swoon worthy spots that I loved, and some funny ones too.

Here is a sweet swoon scene for you:


He pulls me to him urgently, and then…hellfire. Every kiss I’ve ever had before this one was a dusty, broken toy in comparison. I crave him. I’m not the one who ends the kiss. I have no control over the fervor that has overcome me.



Here is another scene that is so touching on how much Reed cares for Evie:


You have changed things for me. There is no reason to pretend around you. If I had to live without you now…now that I know what I have been missing…” The need in his voice makes me want to promise him anything, give him anything, just to fill that void in him. “I cannot go back to sleep, Evie. You are the only thing that makes me want to live.


Here is a funny part that I loved, I found I like Zephyr too, he comes in later in the book.


“This is very nice and all, but, uh, nobody gets presents like this. It’s a little too much.” “What do you mean?” Zephyr asks me in a serious tone. I look around again at the towering piles of gifts. “I mean, you’re going to spoil me, and then I’ll be rotten, and you won’t like me anymore,” I reply. Zephyr frowns. “You cannot rot,” Zephyr replies, “your physiology is equipped with defensive—” “I don’t think she was being literal, Zee,” Reed interrupts him with a smile.


Yeah, I am in love with this series, but I don’t want to give away any of the plot at all, the summary for this book does a good job for that, so won’t repeat that in the review.

I want to stress at what a wonderful writer Amy is. I am really impressed; she brought this story to life for me. I was so hooked, as I was not exactly sure what this book was about, I had a feeling by the cover, there was some kind of angel involved, but I did not know what kind, or who was what and who was bad and good for instance. I was so thrown for a loop at that major twist that comes up. I will say I was so surprised. I usually can get a feel for a twist, or something, but I didn’t on this one.

So I give this 5 huge stars out of five. Now to get the rest read. I will have the rest read in a few days for sure. I can’t stop. 


I received a copy of this book for my honest review from the author for her book tour.
If you like my review, I would love the support by marking it as helpful at Amazon, Here
Or even liking it at Goodreads. I would appreciate it. Link is Here


Inescapable (Book 1) Review
Intuition (Book 2) Review
Indebted (Book 3)  Review

Here is my idea of what the characters look like, some are the same as the Author Amy, and got those from her Pineinterest page. 

Reed: From Amy's Pineinterest , she has as another character, but I see this as more Reed 


Red/Evie this also from Amy's Pineinterest, this is the exact color of her hair I imagined.

Zee And Buns (From Amy's Pineinterest) 


Brownie (from Amy's Pineinterest)


Russel (from Amy's Pineinterest)


Below is other books in this series. Reviews coming on them too


0 comments:

Post a Comment