Wednesday, January 30, 2013

#YA Bound Swoon ~ Great Swoon Teaser from Inescapable






Hosted By YA Bound. It's that time again! We (YA Bound) created a Hot meme, and if you're new to the game, here's how to join in the fun:

From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering.

Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag #YABound, post it here in the comments, or grab the adorable button at YA Bound (I made my own) and share it on your blog. We want to know.

My Swoon

Reed’s fingertips skim my cheek in a whisper-soft caress, eliciting an airy-sounding inhale from me that betrays the perfect danger of the moment. He begins leaning toward me slowly, almost as if he hopes I will have the strength to save us from what is about to happen. No such power exists within me, so I wait to feel his kiss. As Reed brushes his lips gently to mine, a flush of warmth filters through my senses. Closing my eyes, I savor the wistful sweetness of his lips while my heart beats ponderously in my chest. Feeling my fingertips resting against his cheek, I wonder briefly how they got there. That thought flees as I move closer to him, losing my way when heat sends me free falling into hidden fires.Drawing back from me, Reed’s eyes meet mine; his are sage green and at their centers, midnight. My fingertips feel cool against the warmth of his skin as they slip behind his neck. Leaning forward, I graze my lips over his again, and like a stone wall slowly battered by the elements, something collapses between us. He pulls me to him urgently, and then…hellfire. Every kiss I’ve ever had before this one was a dusty, broken toy in comparison. I crave him. I’m not the one who ends the kiss. I have no control over the fervor that has overcome me. Reed gently, but insistently, ends our kiss.Resting his forehead against mine, Reed murmurs, “Evie, we are in trouble…there is no doubt.”“Trouble, why?” I rasp with my arms wrapped securely around the back of his neck.“Because I will never be able to stay away from you,” he replies shamelessly, nuzzling my neck just below my ear.“Ohh,” I say, half in reaction to his lips on my neck. “You say that like it’s a bad thing.”


Inescapable (The Premonition #1)
ADD to Goodreads
Blurb:

My name is Evie Claremont and this was to be the making of me--my freshman year of college. I had been hoping that once I had arrived on Crestwood's campus, the nightmare that I've been having would go away. It hasn't.
I may be an inexperienced seventeen-year-old, but I'm grounded...sane. Since meeting sophomore Reed Wellington, however, nothing makes any sense. Whenever he is near, I feel an attraction to him--a magnetic kind of force pulling me towards him. I know what you're thinking...that sounds fairly awesome. Yeah, it would--if he liked me, but Reed acts as if I'm the worst thing that's ever happened to Crestwood...or him. But, get this, for some reason every time I turn around he's there, barging into my life.
What is the secret he is keeping from me? I'm hoping that it is anything but what I expect: that he is not exactly normal...and neither am I. So maybe Crestwood won't be the making of me, but it could be the breaking of me. I have been left to wonder if the dark future my dream is foretelling is...inescapable.

See my review with more teasers here for this book, here. And Dream cast of hot guys
2nd Book review is here with teasers, also has dream cast, some more than in first book
Also the book tour for book 4 is Here, with full dream cast. (I have not done the review for book 3 yet)

2 comments:

  1. Oh Michelle, I love this scene. It's one of my all time favorites from this series.

    Definitely swoon worthy.

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's a yummy swoon!!


    Valerie

    ReplyDelete