Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Tuesday Teasers & Tuesday Intros, First Chapter, First Paragraph



Teaser Tuesday Is a Weekly bookish Meme, Hosted by MitzB of Should Be Reading. 

Anyone can play along.  Just do the following:


 Grab your current read Open to a random pageShare 2 (Two) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

   Be Careful, No Spoilers Please (Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don’t want to ruing the book for others)    Share title and author too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their tbr list if they like your teaser!Please leave me a comment with either the link to your own Teaser Tuesdays post, or share your ‘teasers’ in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog) Thanks!

 Pleadge by Gwenneth White -Goodreads See my Pledged Giveaway Here, follow links to experts too
Teaser #1
A Norin temptress completely scrambles her Shadow Lord’s brain. He hates her, but he wants her. He loves her, but he wants to kill her. He wants to run away, but he keeps coming back. Reason has no sway.”
Teaser #2

She took a large gulp of the palm wine and doubled-up, spraying it over him. Coughing, eyes streaming, she flung the goblet over the battlement.
Jared laughed quietly. “My lovely, will you please see that I’m on your side. And listen to my warnings.”
“Ugh.” She wiped her mouth and tongue on her dress, not caring what Jared thought of her. “What is it with you Shenayans? Everything you do is disgusting.”

I am also reading Ironskin ARC - Goodreads
Teaser #1
“Dorie. Your father is counting on you to behave. I don’t know how to impress on you how important this is to him. If we leave the gloves off during the day, will you promise me that you won’t do anything with the lights or moving things without touching them?”
Teaser #2

Can you feel the curse?”
He leaned close, considering. Surely her chest did not always rise and fall this much; surely her breaths were usually even and regular, barely disturbing the profi le of her dress. Water, she thought, water to suffocate the flames. I could not bear it if he raged at me.
“I don’t know,” he said at last. “I am certainly angry that this
happened to you, but I have felt that since shortly after we met.”


Tuesday Intros, First Chapter, First Paragraph

First Chapter First Paragraph - Tuesday Intros Hosted by Bibliophile By The Sea

Every Tuesday I will participate in the Tuesday Intro First Chapter-First Paragraph Intros.
These are books we decided to read based on the first paragraph or so. Then find another “Teaser” in the book somewhere to catch our interest. Leave me a comment with link to your post, and if your a new follower be sure to let me know. I want to be sure to follow back.

 Black City- Goodreads 
First Paragraph Chapter 1

An air-raid siren wails in the distance, alerting Black City citizens to lock their doors and turn out the lights. They don’t want to be out in the dark alone. They might meet something dangerous. Something like me.
I head under the canal bridge and wait for the girl, taking a packet of Sentry-regulation smokes from my back pocket and sparking up. The nicotine courses through my veins, making them throb with adrenaline; the sensation is almost like a pulse . . . almost.
Footsteps approach the bridge, and a short girl with straggly black hair appears from the shadows, dressed in men’s work boots, tight black trousers and a tailcoat made from a patchwork of clashing fabrics. Her hazel eyes gaze up into mine. She’s brave. Not many cherry-poppers have the courage to look me in the eyes. She hands me an old playing card with two hearts on it, one red, one black. It’s my calling card. It seemed an appropriate choice; that’s what I’m selling her after all, an illusion of love. I slip it into the pocket of my dark green military jacket.
“You’re late,” I say. “Last thing I need is to be caught out here after curfew by a Tracker. They’re just begging for a reason to throw me in jail.”
Teaser #1


I lean toward her, pressing my lips against the soft flesh on her neck, just below her ear. Her pulse flutters under my lips, and I nearly lose it. I begin to nibble on the flesh, tickling the tiny hairs on her neck with my tongue, making them wet with my saliva.
“Do it,” she whispers.
So much for foreplay. I sink my fangs into her jugular. Hot blood spills over my tongue, making my taste buds burst with its sticky sweetness. Man, I love the newbies; they always taste the best. She sighs as my venom enters her bloodstream. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment