Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Tuesday Teasers & Tuesday Intros, First Chapter, First Paragraph 8/21



Teaser Tuesday Is a Weekly bookish Meme, Hosted by MitzB of Should Be Reading. 

Anyone can play along.  Just do the following:


 Grab your current read Open to a random pageShare 2 (Two) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

   Be Careful, No Spoilers Please (Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don’t want to ruing the book for others)    Share title and author too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their tbr list if they like your teaser!Please leave me a comment with either the link to your own Teaser Tuesdays post, or share your ‘teasers’ in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog) Thanks!
 Savage By Willow Rose
Goodreads | Amazon


Teaser #1 Before I could even think of a way to reply something grabbed on to my right leg and pulled me under water. The shock left me defenseless before I managed to try and fight whatever was pulling my leg and dragging me deeper under water. My leg was hurting badly as something had pierced the skin several places. I tried to kick it in vain since I lost sense of what was up or down.

Teaser #2 :
I recognized it and knew it was the same animal that had saved me on that night of the attacks. There was no doubt in my mind. And there was no doubt it had saved me on purpose, either. I could tell by looking into its eyes again. There was something there that told me this was no ordinary animal. This creature had known exactly what it did when it attacked those alligators in the water.
 Watch for the book tour and giveaway of Savage 8/22 I will share an expert then. Its an extremely good book.




Tuesday Intros, First Chapter, First Paragraph

First Chapter First Paragraph - Tuesday Intros Hosted by Bibliophile By The Sea



Every Tuesday I will participate in the Tuesday Intro First Chapter-First Paragraph Intros.

These are books we decided to read based on the first paragraph or so. Then find another “Teaser” in the book somewhere to catch our interest. Leave me a comment with link to your post, and if your a new follower be sure to let me know. I want to be sure to follow back.

Anew (The Archers Of Avalon book 1) By Chelsea Fine

Prologue:
She awoke with her face against cold, damp dirt. Morning sunlight cast a silent glow on the earth below, and somewhere nearby a bird began to sing.
Dawn.
She slowly pulled herself into a sitting position and looked around in confusion.
Where am I?
Tall trees and wild shrubs surrounded her, indicating she was in a forest.
A deserted and unfamiliar forest.
Carefully she stood and turned around, searching for anything that would help explain where she was. Her eyes canvassed the area, but nothing was familiar.
Nothing triggered any memory as to why she’d slept alone in the woods.
Nothing triggered any memory as to how she’d arrived there.
Nothing triggered...any memory at all....
Her breathing became more rapid as she tried to remember. She looked around desperately, her long dark hair swinging around her head as she spun in circles.
She glanced down at the clothes she wore and furrowed her brow in puzzlement. She didn’t remember getting dressed.
She began to panic.
More birds were chirping now, and the rising sun gave way to a shower of light, illuminating everything before her.
She couldn’t remember last night, or the night before, or the night before that...she couldn’t remember anything.
Not her family, not her past.... Nothing.
She rummaged through her brain for something—any information at all. She pressed her fingers to her temples as she thought, praying something would come to her, but her memories seemed lost.
Stolen, even.
As if plucked with magical precision from her head, leaving nothing but emptiness.
She was terrified.
She closed her eyes and tried to think. There had to be something in the emptiness; something inside her head that could echo back a memory. She scanned her mind desperately until finally....
Click.
Hidden far away, in the back of her brain, was a tiny scrap of knowledge. It flitted about like a hummingbird, teasing her with answers as she chased it around. Finally, she grasped it.
Her eyes flew open with two revelations.
Her name was Scarlet Jacobs and she was fifteen years old.
Aside from that, she remembered nothing.

Teaser: 
What was happening to her?
She couldn’t tear her gaze away from him.
She’d never been more drawn to him or more captivated by him.
Brief, incoherent flashes of memory assailed her mind and stung her consciousness like tiny darts.
There one millisecond, gone the next.
She was frozen in place, drawing in one long breath like she was breathing for the first time.
When her eyes locked on his, her violent heart nearly stopped.
The eyes staring back at her weren’t brown like Gabriel’s.
They were bright green.
Scarlet blinked as a sudden realization struck her.
 I Hope you liked my teasers and intro, Please leave me a comment with your link to your teasers. If you do not have a blog, feel free to pop some teasers you like in the comments. I love reading them!

Look in upper right sidebar for all current giveaways, and book tours with giveaways!




0 comments:

Post a Comment