Monday, May 28, 2012

Turned at Dark by C.C. Hunter Free Short story REVIEW



Turned at Dark (Shadow Falls, #0.5)Turned at Dark by C.C. Hunter
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

In Born at Midnight we meet Della Tsang, Kylie Galen's vampire roommate at Shadow Falls camp. But Della wasn't always a vampire. This is her story.

Turned at Dark is a quick, fun and at times humorous short story about how Della became a vampire and how she ended up at Shadow Falls. It is a prequel to the full length book, Born at Midnight

This is a great way to introduce this new series, to get a feel for the author's writing style and meet one of the more interesting characters from Born at Midnight. And it will give readers the opportunity to learn a little more about Della and why she acts as she does.

This book can be read without having read Born at Midnight, but I'm glad I read it afterward. I already liked Della - she is one of my favorite characters - and was therefore much more interested in hearing about her transformation than I might have been had I not previously been introduced.

It’s a short story, 45 pages, and you can get the ebook free at Amazon.

The Turned at Dark eBook includes a sneak peek of Born at Midnight as well.
I really love this series, and this prequel just gives me more insight into one of the characters that I love.

Note: Born at Midnight is an amazing book (5 stars)! Definitely a must read if you love this short story and worth a peek even if you only just like it! C.C. Hunter does a great job writing these books, you care what happens to these characters. I highly recommend all in the Shadow Falls series.




View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment