Monday, May 28, 2012

City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare-Review

City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2)City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

WOW! Is one word to sum up this amazing 2nd installment to The Mortal Instruments Series. I, in a way was very lucky to have discovered this series late, meaning I started the first one, only a few months, or so, before the 3th was due out. SO when I got hooked, I was able to download the rest, and keep reading. This one was also “on the edge of your seat” amazing. Then the 4th was not long for me to wait after that.

So first, the really good thing about Cassandra Clare is she does a fine job of taking rich and varied and well known mythologies and giving them a brand new spark of life that has not been written into the ground already. I enjoy that she picks bits of mythology from all over and uses it to create a world full of truths and half-truths and the people who have to deal with it all. This isn't just another fantasy novel.

After the last explosive and personally upsetting ending of the first book I could only hope that this book would correct that. Unfortunately I was left with many more questions by the end. But that is the way it is with series of books.

Sometimes the next book in a series doesn't live up to its predecessor. Not the case with City of Ashes. This book is just as well written and will have you reading the whole book in one.

I recommend that you start with City of Bonesif you haven't read it already. If you have well you won't be disappointed with the City of Ashes.

I highly recommend this book, and the whole series. Its AMAZING!

You should also check out her other series, that is prequel to this one, called The Infernal Devices

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment