Monday, May 28, 2012

Awake At Dawn (Shadow Falls 2) By C.C. Hunter Review

Awake at Dawn (Shadow Falls, #2)Awake at Dawn by C.C. Hunter
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

So we are now back at Shadow Falls in this 2nd installment of the Shadow Falls Series, by C.C. Hunter

Kylie still has no clue to who she is, or what she will become, other than excepting that she has this Ghost whispering gift. She is still very confused and desperate to find out what she is. Now that Lucas is gone for awhile, she has drawn even closer to Derek, who has never hid his feelings for her. But can she trust HER feelings? She is reluctant to commit herself to Derek, because Lucas is still on her mind.

Derek grew a lot in this book, made me love him even more…. He is super hot, sweet and sexy. I remember C.C. mentioning that people who are a Team Lucas may change their minds after reading Awake at Dawn… and she was right.

Although, I have always been a Derek fan, but Lucas is hot too. But in my mind, I take Faerie over werewolf every time, and in this book, he really tugs at your heart.

There are other romances in this book too, Miranda and her crush on Perry, the powerful shape shifter and there is Holiday and the camp leader and that sexy Vampire….

I really love the relationship Kylie has with the camp leader Holiday, like having an older sister, someone she can connect with. I am glad she has that.

The unusual friendship between Della, Miranda and Kylie is beautiful. The girls fight and piss each other off every so often but in the end they love each other and are truly loyal. Kylie grows and comes slowly to terms with being supernatural and not “normal” anymore. Still, deep down she’s lonely since she still is no step further about discovering her true self. She does not fit into any “group” so feels left out most the time. But in Awake at Dawn we will see Kylie grow even more exceptional than she already is and there are a few twists and turns you might not expect that were truly intriguing.

Overall, Awake at Dawn was full of growing relationships, friendships, with some love and romance. Going on this journey with Kylie and her friends to discover her true self was wonderful, and I loved every minute of it. This series has become one of my favorites, and will keep a place in my heart; I have come to care for the characters deeply. Wish I could move to Shadow Falls!

If you have not read Born at Midnight first, be sure to pick it up, as its the first in the Shadow Falls Series. Also a short story called Turned at Dark

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment