Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Bitten by Kelly Armstrong-Review

Bitten (Women of the Otherworld, #1)Bitten by Kelley Armstrong
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I highly enjoyed Kelly Armstrong's other books, like the Darkness Rising books, I have only just started the Women of the Otherworld series, so i have not read any of the others of this series, I started with Bitten, and giving my review now as I just finished it. Bitten, was well written and unusual, with a fresh take on the same old werewolf/shapeshifter tale. I really enjoyed the book. I read it in 2 days as i could not put it down. It really sucks you into the story. The characters were very well written, makes you care for them, and want to know what happens. I can't wait to get into the next book. The ending was satisfying and also leaves you wanting more.

Life's not easy when you're the only female werewolf in existence and Elena is a wonderful character. She is a reluctant werewolf who just longs to be human; uncertainty and anger at her situation are understandable. She does not like her life as much as she ought to and so she escapes to Toronto, only to be brought back to her New York dwellings (the home of The Pack) when strange murders start happening. She is a valuable asset in scoping out the Mutts (werewolves who are not with the Pack).

I love the complicated relationship she has with Clay, the emotional baggage that comes with it, makes you feel for them both. The chemistry that Elena and Clay have is powerful, and makes you feel it. I can understand why she did the things she did, and why she would fight her own feelings for Clay. She tried to move on, out of the pack, and needed to do that to come to terms with what Clay did to her. Sometimes it takes time, and trying something different to find out how you truly feel about someone.Kelly Armstrong really gets this right. Those who give bad reviews of the book, because of what Elena did, just do not grasp the emotional turmoil that Elena went through. So give this book a chance, you won't be sorry.
I couldn't help but love Clay, Jeremy, and the other members of the Pack. I am hooked.


View all my reviews

1 comments:

  1. I've heard good things about Kelly Armstrong...glad you enjoyed this one...I may try one of her books later in the summer!

    ReplyDelete