Monday, May 28, 2012

City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare-Review

City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4)City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I had the hardest time putting down any of these books including Fallen Angels. I Love the way Cassandra Claire writes, she paints the picture wonderfully and her creativity is amazing. She is one of my favorite authors for sure.

For some reason many people are under the misconception that this book is entirely about Simon, its NOT, just some of it. There is so much important stuff that happens, and a cliffhanger too, that will take us right into the 5th book City of Lost Souls. Without this book, you would be lost when the 5th came around. Trust me, you need to read this one as well as any other in a series. Again, NOT all about Simon. Lots of great suspense and action, and we get to see the aftermath of what happened in City of Ashes.

I will tell you one thing, Cassandra Clare is a fabulous writer! She worded everything perfectly and you were never bored, not even for a second. As each chapter ended, there was a cliff-hanger, just making you want to continue reading. My eyes were glued to the pages from the very beginning, the book completely sucked me in.
Lots of this book is written from Simon’s POV, but also Clary’s too, and even a tiny short piece at the end in Jace’s POV. Anyway, Simon is struggling with what he has become and the curse of the "mark" Clary put on him, and liking 2 girls Isabelle and Mia, and can’t make his mind up. I never was a huge fan of Simon’s, but he really grew on me in this book.

Overall, a great book, and a must read for the series. It leaves us with a HUGE cliffhanger, so I recommend having City of Lost Souls on hand before you start, as your going to want to find out what happens!
Be sure to read the first 3 books in this series first, you can visit Cassandra Clare's page to see them all.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment