Friday, October 26, 2012

Feature and Friday Follow Hop 10/2


Welcome to the Feature & Follow Hop, Hosted By Parajunkee's and

Feature and Follow Friday is a blog hop, that is designed to provide some much-appreciated exposure to the bloggers participation, and to expand their following. Each of our great host will feature a chosen blog each week, it’s an interesting way to get to know one another.

This weeks question: 
Q: What Writing Device or trick most irritates you when reading a book? For example, if an author employs and omnipotent narrator that is sometimes considered bad form.

Well, I guess my biggest thing is repetitive phrases or words, I mean how many times do I need to hear "chewing lips", lol thats just one phrase that got to me, when trying to read a really horrid book, that was written so badly  but wont get into that, lol. 

Over doing the Gushing-I get frustrated when its said over and over, how godlike a guy is, or whatever, I don't mind some, as I like to know the characters feelings, and all, but every other paragraph is a little much.

I don't like the insta love when its not a paranormal element that makes it happen, like in some books, they are not human, and its something more, that makes them find their soul mates etc , as I only really read Paranormal books, I do not come across it enough to get to me. If its a real world type book and it happens, yeah, I don't buy that.

I also do not like when you have outdated things going on, like a teen now in 2012, but says and does things that I would have done in the 80's, when I was a teen. That will give away the authors age, for sure, lol. Its aggravating, but not that huge of a deal.

Also, I do love getting other POV's, but do not like it, when I am not sure who's head I am in. If it switches, without a page-break, or new chapter or somethings, it frustrates me. I like how the Forbidden Mind, Forbidden Fire and Forbidden Life are written, each chapter, starts with the name of the person POV, and stays int hat person, until the next chapter. If its still the same person, it will have that persons name again. Love it. That's the best way to do it, and there is never any confusion. Kimberly Kindrade does a great job in the POV switching.


If your new to the Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can come and see your blog. If your a new follower, let me know that too.

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs! more new blogs!

Captcha:
If you have CAPTCHA word verification enabled on your blog, please take it off. It makes it much more difficult for readers to comment. Please look at Alisons CAPTCHA eradication Post to learn how to get rid of it.



Check out my great giveaway hops going now


0 comments:

Post a Comment