Saturday, June 2, 2012

Fated by Alyson Noël - Review


Published May 22nd 2012 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published January 1st 2012)
ISBN 0312664850 (ISBN13: 9780312664855)


Blurb:

Until now, he's existed only in her dreams -but fate is about to bring them together.
I shove through the crowd, knocking into girls and bouncing off boys, until one in particular catches me, steadies me. I feel so secure, so at home in his arms. I melt against his chest-lift my gaze to meet his. Gasping when I stare into a pair of icy blue eyes banded by brilliant flecks of gold that shine like kaleidoscopes, reflecting my image thousands of times. The boy from my dream. The one who died in my arms.

I had always thought Alyson Noël's writing was beautiful before this, but I’ll tell you, she has done it again, but better. The way she writes in itself, feels magical, it really sucks you right into the story your reading. Her descriptions, are so vivid, its stunning when it feels like a movie is playing out in your head as you read. And the emotions you feel are awesome, you feel along with the characters. It touches you in such a good way, you just can't put the book down, and leaves you wanting more when your done.

I really did enjoy this new book by Alyson Noël, It was amazingly mind-blowing novel, filled with magic, mystery, and a really awsome guy. Very much a typical Alyson novel.. and I loved it so much! I know when the Immortals series had ended I was really sad to see it go, as it was one of my favorite series, but this definitely filled that void. Not to mention, I had read the free short story of when Ever meets Daire (you can get it free at Amazon) it shows me its still the same type of world Ever was from. This is all about Daire and Dace, and its so beautifully written. With magic and suspense filling the pages with such a unique story, I can’t help but want more.

The book is about a whole new type of people, Soul Seekers, Daire has these visions, and she thinks she is going crazy, so goes to live with her grandma in New Mexico. Once there, she learns she is a Soul Seeker, and she starts her training with her. Then she meets the boy of her dreams, and then the bad one of course, some major stuff happens for sure. I do not want to spoil it for anyone.

I’ll say the story was beautifully planned, going from one chapter to the next was seamless, and its such a unique story, I was amazed at the time and effort I know she had to put into this story, I know she had to have visited New Mexico to get all that so perfect, as I myself have been there before, and she described it all so perfect.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who has enjoyed Alyson’s previous work, but even if you have not, this would be a good one to start with. It’s very well written, and has the mystical suspense going on in a very believable way too.

Here is some quotes I liked:

quote (Kindle location 1624): Daire thinking about Dace 

“The sheer sight of him causing my limbs to tremble, my body to sway toward his-much like it did in the dream. The two of us drawn to each other-bound by forces unseen.”

A quote (Kindle location 3960) I like Dace to Daire: 

“I had an irresistible pull to come here, so I followed my instincts, and now I know why”







0 comments:

Post a Comment