Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Tuesday Teasers & Tuesday Intros, First Chapter, First Paragraph 7/31



                                                            


Teaser Tuesday Is a Weekly bookish Meme, Hosted by MitzB of Should Be Reading. 
Anyone can play along.  Just do the following:

·        Grab your current read
·        Open to a random page
·        Share 2 (Two) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
·        BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don’t want to ruing the book for others)
·        Share title and author too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR list if they like your teaser!
PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Teaser Tuesdays post, or share your ‘teasers’ in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog) Thanks!



Gray Storm by Jennifer Lefort
Goodreads (reading now)

Check out Goodreads to read what its about, but basically 2 people are residing inside one body, she is Fey,  and this piece is a part where she looks in the mirror, and is confused.

Who are you, she wonders. She stares at the girl (in mirror) with dark hair and violet color eyes. She searches her face in hopes an answer will form. Why does she have the face of the girl who entered her thoughts? This girl who fled from the village. She fought the Fallen, and entered the cave. This is the one they know as Cara, but she is not Cara. She had golden hair, like her mother. Her eyes were jade, and she stood taller. Her skin held more color, and her face was not small and round, but slender and longer. She did not have silver lines on her face and body. These were the markings of a child of Cessair. A blessed one. She knew she was not blessed. She remembered fighting the Fallen. She remembered killing the queen. She remembered dying, but then there was the light.
The Stone.
The fire.
And now she stares through the eyes of a stranger. A gifted, blessed by the mother of the gods. Her thoughts started to crumble. What has happened to me? I am no more. Who am I?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



The Goddess Legacy (ARC Copy) by Aimee carter    Goodreads


“Love is the way I feel for you, the way you fill something inside me whenever you so much as walk into the same room. Sometimes love is quite, lingering in the background until you least expect it. But love is always there for you”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Demoness of Waking Dreams by Stephanie Chong  Goodreads (I just finished this book) My Review

Kindle Location (ARC will change) 2970

Leave. Just get up and leave, said his brain. This is no longer an assignment. Let Arielle deal with Luciana. The demoness is not your problem anymore.
What kept him there was the knowledge that beneath it all was a terrorized young women whose life had gone badly off the rails at the age of seventeen. 
He closed his eyes and slipped into sleep.




Tuesday Intros, First Chapter, First Paragraph

First Chapter First Paragraph - Tuesday Intros Hosted by Bibliophile By The Sea

Every Tuesday I will participate in the Tuesday Intro First Chapter-First Paragraph Intros.
These are books we decided to read based on the first paragraph or so. Then find another “Teaser” in the book somewhere to catch our interest. Leave me a comment with link to your post, and if your a new follower be sure to let me know. I want to be sure to follow back.

Chapter one
A taxicab raced down the dock, came to a stop, and a girl laden with shopping bags flew out.
Everyone at the rails of the ship yelled as she rushed toward the gangway. She was a 'runner', one of the students who had pushed the all-aboard time to the limit. She vanished into the ship to a mix of boos and cheers.
"She's going to be cleaning tables tomorrow," my roommate, Laurie, snickered.
Most of us had taken the all-aboard time and subsequent punishments for being late seriously, and had been on the ship for over an hour. The majority of the people watching the runners had changed into pajama bottoms or sweatshirts with Semester Aboard-Study Abroad written on them. We were students on a cruise ship that had been turned into a floating campus.

Teaser Kindle location 2568
(this is a tease for me, as I just started this book, so flipped to random page to get a tease, lol)

I had spent my childhood, and even some recent years, daydreaming about magic. For me that dream had come true, and I couldn't just stop using magic because I had had a bad night. I glances up at the sink and saw my wand balanced on the edge. I had a magic wand! I'd be crazy to not want to be a witch. Then, for the first time since I had gone down to Deck Three, I felt better. I had a magic wand. I was going to get stronger! Just because I was too weak to fight vampires now didn't mean I always would be. I could practice fire magic and get better.

I hoped you liked my teasers, make sure to leave a comment with your link, would love to come see all the teasers out there. 
Be sure to check out my giveaway, and the up and coming tours with giveaway, will have them all through August and Sept. Check the buttons upper right sidebar.


0 comments:

Post a Comment