Monday, November 12, 2012

Tuesday Teasers & Tuesday Intros First Chapter ~ Clutch, Few Are Angels, and Hidden Salem 11/12



Teaser Tuesday Is a Weekly bookish Meme, Hosted by MitzB of Should Be Reading. 

Anyone can play along.  Just do the following:


 Grab your current read Open to a random page Share 2 (Two) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

   Be Careful, No Spoilers Please (Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don’t want to ruing the book for others)    Share title and author too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their tbr list if they like your teaser!Please leave me a comment with either the link to your own Teaser Tuesdays post, or share your ‘teasers’ in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog) Thanks! 

Clutch (I am Just Junco Book 1) (watch for my post for this book tour this week) Goodreads

Teaser #1 
"How is it that ya know him for mere minutes and ya already have the look of complete trust in yer eyes?""Who? Moju?" I shrug. "I dunno. He just feels genuine.""But me? I'm just lying about everything, right?"A huff escapes my lips. "I never said that.""Ya didn't have to. Ya tried to kill me."He's got a point there. I feel a little reality panic coming on and begin to babble. "You came out of nowhere, Tier. I'd never even seen an avian in person before you. 

Teaser #2 
 When I wake I ask myself, how much longer before they will just let me die?" His chest expands suddenly and I sit up a little more to see his face. "I have that thought more than I'd like to admit."I lean back into his chest. "But that's just me on the outside, Tier. If you saw what's really inside me – it's nothing but screams and lies."He sucks in a deep breath and we sit for a while in silence.  
Few Are Angels  Is another I am reading. Goodreads Tour stop is here, with a Giveaway of this book. You can find it Here

Teaser #1  
“Don’t do this! I have not laid a hand on her. I swear it to you!” Kale roars.I begin to sob. I knew this would happen. Why did I try to run? I could deal with my own death, but not his. I could stop this by simply telling the truth. Kale and I had no carnal knowledge of one another, and I still have the gift Laurent wants to exploit. So many people died and would continue to because of me, but I could make it stop, at least for a while. It would cost me my life, but I pray it won’t cost Kale anything.

Teaser #2 (more a quote )
 “Listen to me, to reason, and most of all to your heart.” —Kale


Tuesday Intros, First Chapter, First Paragraph

First Chapter First Paragraph - Tuesday Intros Hosted by Bibliophile By The Sea

Every Tuesday I will participate in the Tuesday Intro First Chapter-First Paragraph Intros.
These are books we decided to read based on the first paragraph or so. Then find another “Teaser” in the book somewhere to catch our interest. Leave me a comment with link to your post, and if your a new follower be sure to let me know. I want to be sure to follow back.

Hidden Salem is a great book, Here it is at Goodreads. I have a nice excerpt for you. You can see the book tour page here and the great giveaway too. (for Jewelry from Salem)

Here i a paragraph. visit the tour page if you would like to read the entire first chapter.


In the outer edges of my vision, the cloudless sky became as dark as night. A shroud of fog descended, an image only I could see, I  knew, but for a moment blocked my present reality. Despite the sunlight that warmed my shoulders, shadows of rainclouds filled the sky. The juxtaposition between today’s reality and the glimpse I caught of the past were like a thousand icy fingers tapping down my spine.
I’d stumbled upon another piece of residual energy stuck in the earth, what some would call a place memory . Thus, a scene from the past played itself out for me. This was nothing new. I’d long ago come to terms with the fact that I was different. I’d not asked for these gifts, if a person wanted to refer to them as such. I managed to live with the fact I was an Empath. With living people, that was one thing, but I often had to deal with the emotions of the past ─of the dead─ as well. 

Teaser:
“I’m not walking away from you tonight. I will sit on that chair over there if I have to, but my place is nicer. Please.” He kissed my cheek, and I nearly broke into tears. Truthfully, I didn’t want to be here in this hotel another night alone, however being at his place I would easily succumb to my desires for him. Could I do that and still walk away tomorrow? I wasn’t sure, but I didn’t want to think about it. I wanted comfort. Lie. I wanted him. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment