Thursday, November 1, 2012

Review: Paradise 21 New Dawn Book 1 by Aubrie Dionne




Title: Paradise 21
Author:Aubrie Dionne
Series: New Dawn #1
Publisher: Entangles Publishing
Publication Date: August 2, 2011

Aries has lived her entire life aboard mankind's last hope, the New Dawn, a spaceship traveling toward a planet where humanity can begin anew--a planet that won't be reached in Aries' lifetime. As one of the last genetically desirable women in the universe, she must marry her designated genetic match and produce the next generation for this centuries-long voyage.But Aries has other plans.When her desperate escape from the New Dawn strands her on a desert planet, Aries discovers the rumors about pirates--humans who escaped Earth before its demis--are true. Handsome, genetically imperfect Striker possesses the freedom Aries envies, and the two connect on a level she never thought possible. But pursued by her match from above and hunted by the planet's native inhabitants, Aries quickly learns her freedom will come at a hefty price.The life of the man she loves.


Paradise 21 review

Wow, this was a really good book. I loved the romance that happens in it too. I can relate to Aries as well. I would not want to be forced into a loveless marriage so I could “produce” more perfect DNA. Meaning kids. Yeah, not happening, lol. I do not blame her for leaving the New Dawn, which is a colony ship, which is on its way to Paradise 21, another planet far away, but the New Dawn won’t get there in her lifetime. Anyway, it has excitement, romance, a hot guy , and I mean Striker.

I did not like her computer chosen mate, he was a jerk, and hated that he got everything he wanted, but he is controlling, so of course he goes after Aries, to drag her back to the ship.
She crash lands on a desert planet, and is lucky to meet up with one human, yes, the hot guy Striker.

I do not want to say too much more, but will say, if you enjoy sci-fi at all, you will love this. It doesn’t have a bunch of scientific jargon to stump you at all. It’s all easy to understand and follow the story. I had a hard time putting this book down.

A Must read in my opinion.

Watch for my review of the next New Dawn series book, called Tundra 37. I will get to Have 6, the newest book soon, for the book tour.

I really only have one negative to say, and that is the cover, the girl on cover looks Nothing like Aries is supposed to look, first Aries is of the best DNA and is gorgeous, with auburn hair and light eyes, blue I think, forget now, but anyway, girl on cover is not even close to pretty enough, not to mention, the look is nothing like what Aries would wear. Just my opinion. Would have been better to not have any models on it if the right ones are not found.

5 out of 5 stars.

I received this book for the book tour coming up for Haven 6, the latest book in the New Dawn series.


Others in series, at Goodreads

All in series at Amazon


My stop is 11/10
Tour Page Here

0 comments:

Post a Comment