Monday, November 5, 2012

Tuesday Teasers & Tuesday Intros First Chapter 11/6




Teaser Tuesday Is a Weekly bookish Meme, Hosted by MitzB of Should Be Reading. 

Anyone can play along.  Just do the following:


 Grab your current read Open to a random page Share 2 (Two) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

   Be Careful, No Spoilers Please (Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don’t want to ruing the book for others)    Share title and author too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their tbr list if they like your teaser!Please leave me a comment with either the link to your own Teaser Tuesdays post, or share your ‘teasers’ in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog) Thanks! 




Sleeping Gods by Kristen R. Campbell is one of the books I am reading (reading a few, lol) Goodreads 

Teaser #1
“Lexi, you have a visitor.”Huh? I come down the stairs to see who it is. Whoever it is has moved into the living room so I can’t see them as I descend the stairs.I walk into the living room to find only my mom, who is wearing a goofy smile on her face. “Well? Who’s here?” I ask her just as hands come up from behind me to cover my eyes.I hear a familiar voice, “Guess who?”

Teaser #2
“It’s just funny. How common this is. It seems surreal.”“How so?” I take the glass he offers to me.We sit down on the bench that wraps around the porch. “I’ve never been to a prom or had lemonade on a back porch, especially waiting to take prom pictures. I never grew up; just was,” he whispers the last part, afraid to be overheard.“Does it bother you, because I’m a little embarrassed by it?”He shakes his head. “I like it. I do feel a little embarrassed being the oldest guy here,” he chuckles. “But I’m happy to be experiencing something new.”



Her Game, His Rules is another I am reading, this one for book tour. So far, pretty good. Goodreads

Teaser #1
He was so infuriating, and I was absolutely notcharmed…okay, maybe just a little…Out of the corner of my eye I caught Julian arch a brow. “What’s that supposed to mean?” By his voice I could tell he was smiling.“Well, you weren't the most charming person in the world when we first met. With all the bantering and such, no wonder you don’t have a girlfriend.”“Who says I don’t have a girlfriend?”

Teaser #2
With my hands pressed to my cheeks, I retreated into the room. The earsplitting screams continued to bounce off the walls.Flap. Flap. A rumbling behind me. And then a pair of strong arms pulled me into a protective hold.Julian must have come in through the french doors. He held me like he feared for my life. In his embrace, I turned to bury my face in his shoulder.

You can see my post HERE for the book tour and my review, and more teasers and excerpt


Tuesday Intros, First Chapter, First Paragraph

First Chapter First Paragraph - Tuesday Intros Hosted by Bibliophile By The Sea

Every Tuesday I will participate in the Tuesday Intro First Chapter-First Paragraph Intros.
These are books we decided to read based on the first paragraph or so. Then find another “Teaser” in the book somewhere to catch our interest. Leave me a comment with link to your post, and if your a new follower be sure to let me know. I want to be sure to follow back.




Final Redemption (The Chosen book 3) Final book.

Chapter 1
The breeze ruffled her wings, shifting them slightly.  Tears rained down her cheeks as she watched, from the safety of the unseen state, a group of tourists walk around beneath her.  From her vantage point atop of one of the giant stones of Stonehenge, she could see for miles.  The green hills rolled gently in the distance as thick white clouds floated lazily in an azure sky.  The tourists snapped pictures of this and that; some clicked pictures of their friends posing in front of the monument, while others laughed and joked.  The sounds of their laughter only added to Erin’s misery. 
Two weeks had passed since Angie became evil, and the guilt still weighed heavily on her shoulders.  She had been unable to keep her friend from losing herself and as a result, the purest evil known to man roamed the Earth. 
For some bizarre reason, most of the demonic activity had ceased, only causing Erin’s and her friends’ anxiety to climb.  The peacefulness fueled her suspicions and angst.  Something was about to happen, she just wasn’t sure what.
She dashed away her tears with the back of her hand as she relived the horrible day that had changed everything.

Teaser: 
Erin swallowed the sudden lump in her throat, and a knot formed in the pit of her stomach.  The sense of déjà vu was overwhelming, because in the not so distant past she’d walked in on Angelo just after a shower.  She tried to move her feet, but they seemed to be anchored to the floor.  Her hands were weights at her sides, leaving her standing in all her naked glory in front of her former lover.  Well this just sucks, she thought to herself.“I knocked,” he offered up lamely.“I didn’t hear,” she said awkwardly.He reached for the towel and handed it to her, being sure to keep his eyes adverted.“Thanks,” she muttered, securing the towel around her.  She could feel flames creeping up into her cheeks.  Nervously, she tucked her hair behind her ear and chewed on her bottom lip.“Well, seems like we’ve been here before,” Angelo said, trying to make the situation feel a little less uncomfortable.“Yeah, seems vaguely familiar,” she laughed, “but I don’t really remember it being this awkward.”“Oh, it was,” he confirmed.


Hope you enjoyed the first part of Chapter one. This is the 3rd book in the series, and really needs the previous ones to be read first, listed below.

Fallen (The Chosen book 1) Goodreads | My Review
Risen (The Chosen Book 2) Goodreads | My Review


All books in this post can be found at Amazon Below:



0 comments:

Post a Comment