Saturday, November 3, 2012

Review~ LunAngelique (Book 1) By Kristin Campbell




Title: Lunangelique
Series: Lunangelique #1
Author: Kristin Campbell
Published: June 20, 2012
Find Kristen Campbell at:


For Alexis and Alex life has been great. They have loving parents, great friends and live a life every teenager dreams. However, they are adopted and Alexis struggles with wanting to know who their real parents are and not wanting to hurt her adopted parents. Then, a stunning guy moves across the street from them. One who has a secret past and seems to know things about Alexis. One who does mysterious things and leads her to other mysterious persons. One who pushes her to discover her extraordinary birth family and the truth between mythology and religion.




WOW, I loved this book so much, and was so happy that the sequel Sleeping Gods was out and bought it right away! Man, its just as good as JLA's Covenant Series. Story is totally different, but I mean as the meshing of modern day with some mythology int here and some angels too. This book was different in a great way.
Kristen is a brilliant author. I predict her career to be long and successful!

I wont say too much spoiler type things, because you need to discover the wonder of this story yourself.

Alexis and Alex (Alexander) are twins, who were adopted when they were babies. Its starts with Alexis (Lexi) wanting to find out about her biological parents. Alex tries to convince her that there is not need, as they love their adoptive parents, as they are great.
Well, not long after she starts to discover many things, and meets a few new people who are more than the normal, but she doesn't know this at first. When she meets a really good artist (she is also a great artist) who could be an older twin of her brother Alex, she starts to wonder if she just found a relative or something. I wont say more on that, you will find out.

Cole seems to be a great guy, and was wondering if he would turn out to be bad, and then Oliver, I was always un-sure of him.
I like Lexi, she is a strong female character. I was able to relate to her, but was a bit jealous of her great talents, but there is a reason for it, lol.

Here is a small taste to get your interest up:

“Just let me go, ******. Tell the others I got away. They won’t know the truth.”He watches me slip one hand out of a cuff,looking at me with wonder in his eyes again. “What are you? Just tell me,” he pleads. I keep eye contact with him as he lets me slip the other hand out of the cuff and I stand up, rubbing the impressions left behind by the cuffs.


If you like any modern day angel, fallen angel, or mythology books, you will love this. Its written well, better than well, brilliant!

I can't wait to get back to Sleeping Gods now. Check it out. You wont be sorry.

5 out of 5 stars for me, and highly recommended!

I received a copy of this book from the author for my honest review.

Check out Book 2 Sleeping Gods below is cover and Summary




Alexis must pick up the broken pieces of her heart and pull herself together because she has a mission: To awaken the sleeping gods. When she is at the point of giving up, wearing her pretend smiles and feels like there is nothing left of herself, her friend becomes her savior. Patryck helps put Alexis back together again and in return Alexis sees him as something more than a friend… Together with her brother, Alex, her father, Edmund, and a team of angels they make their way to Mount Latmos, to awaken the gods. But obstacles are in their way, one of them being Cole, the traitor, the one who shattered Alexis’ heart. New friends and family she never thought she would meet will come to aid Alexis. … And a love will blossom that will redefine the saying, “Love you forever.

0 comments:

Post a Comment