Saturday, December 8, 2012

Book Tour: The Secret of Ella & Micha ~ Excerpt and Review


Welcome to my stop on the The Secret of Ella and Micha book tour. Brought to you by SupaGurl Book Tours. Here you can read a synopsis, and Excerpt and my review.




Ella & Micha by Jessica Sorensen

Ella and Micha have been best friends since they were kids. But one tragic night shatters their friendship and their lives forever.
Ella used to be a rule-breaker with fiery attitude who wore her heart on her sleeve. But she left everything behind when she went to college and transformed into someone that follows the rules, keeps everything together, and hides all her problems. But now it's summer break and she has nowhere else to go but home.
Ella fears everything she worked so hard to bury might resurface, especially with Micha living right next door. If Micha tries to tempt the old her back, she knows that it will be hard to resist.
Micha is sexy, smart, confident, and can get under Ella’s skin like no one else can. He knows everything about her, including her darkest secrets. And he’s determined to bring his best friend, and the girl he loves back, no matter what it takes.

(New Adult Contemporary)
*Mature Content** Recommended for ages 17+ due to sexual situations and language


Author bio:

I live in Wyoming with my husband and three kids, where I spend most of my time writing, reading, and hanging out with my family. I’m the author of the Fallen Star Series, the Darkness Falls Series, and the Death Collectors. I also just branched out to the New Adult Contemporary genre with my book, The Secret of Ella and Micha.

LINKS:


• Jessica Sorensen's Links:

The Secret of Ella and Micha by Jessica Sorensen Sample - Excerpt

My Review: ( I know, this is NOT a Paranormal, so this one post will be apart from the norm for me.)

I have always been a huge fan of Jessica Sorensen’s writing. Even though I only read paranormal type books, I went ahead and gave this a try, since I love her writing style so much. I am glad I did. It really is a great book, though I still prefer the paranormal ones she writes better, this was still very good and well written.

It was a beautiful story about friends to lover’s story; where the girl is from a broken home and he chases her down to make her feel loved again. It’s not anything new, and to me a lot like many chick flick movies I have seen. BUT, that’s not saying it’s bad, it’s amazing, really, it’s just not really my cup of tea, lol. As in its about real life, and that’s what it’s supposed to be, and  I know there are many people out there that are going to fall in love with Ella & Micha. I used to read this kind of book many years ago, until it bored me too much, but comparing to what I used to read, it’s better than any I had read in the past. We have some cute humor that will make you laugh, and the mysterious is there too.

Ella leaves Micha and her hometown suddenly right after their first kiss, and Micha is desperate to find her, and then 8 months later she comes back home. But she is different, something has changed her, and he is determined to find out what it is, and to get her back.

I wasn't able to really get that gushy feeling for Micha, but again, I do not like tattoos and lip rings, and the such, a huge turnoff for me, so that is a personal preference: for me to get in the mind set to like him, I have to imagine a whole other look without that junk. Just me I guess.


Here is a sweet quote :

when it all comes down to it, it’s just me and her against the world. Always has been.

And this too:

 “I love you, Ella May and nothing will ever change that. You can push me away—run away—and I will still love you.” 

 Another quote I had to blip out the bad word, lol.
 His aqua eyes are a fierce blue. “Good. You’re f***ing crazy if you think that you can run off and change your identity. This unfeeling, preppy girl thing you got going on,” he motions his hand at my tank top, white frilly skirt, and curly hair, “is nothing but bull shit. You can’t just change who you are on the outside and expect it to change who you are on the inside.”
It’s really a sweet story, and will pull at your heartstrings for sure.

I won’t be telling you the secret, though it wasn't a whammy, but still, it kept you turning the pages.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who likes a great mysterious romance.

5 out of 5 stars.

I was provided a copy of this book for the book tour with SupaGurl Book tours for my honest review.

If you like my review, I would love to have you click my review as Helpful at Amazon Here. Thanks

Or Like it at Goodreads Here. Thanks



I can see Alex being Micha if it was a movie (Note: Yes, without the lip ring, as I despise them, and can't see Alex doing that, lol, got the eyes right I think)
CHARACTER BIO:
Character Name: Micha Scott
• Nicknames: none
• Age: 20
• Place of Birth: Star Grove
• Residence: The Road
• Height: 6ft 2in
• Clothing/ Styles: Jeans, plaid shirts, chains on hid pants, studded belts, leather bands on wrist… oh yeah, and a lip ring ;)
• Hair: blond with a little wave to it
• Eye Color: Aqua
• Tattoos: He has an infinity tattoo on his arm and a tattoo on his ribcage of the first lyrics her ever wrote, which were about Ella.
• Relatives: his mother
• Friends: Ella and Ethan
• Educational History: Graduated from high school
• Work History: He worked at Ethan’s dad’s auto shop and now he plays with his band at clubs.
• Skills: playing the guitar, singing, writing music, and racing cars
• Phobias / Fears: Losing Ella and that he’ll end up alone, like his mom.
• Bad Habits: Sometimes he drinks too much to bury his pain.


See the last few stops on the tour below
Dec. 9 - Michelle's Paranormal Vault of Books *Review, Author Guest Post
            - Pink Fluffy Hearts : Diary of a Coffee Addict *Review
Dec. 10 - Sniffer Walk *Review, Author Interview
              - Nette's Bookshelf Reviews *Review, Character Bio

0 comments:

Post a Comment