Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Tuesday Teasers & Tuesday Intros, First Chapter, First Paragraph 9/4



Teaser Tuesday Is a Weekly bookish Meme, Hosted by MitzB of Should Be Reading. 

Anyone can play along.  Just do the following:


 Grab your current read Open to a random pageShare 2 (Two) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

   Be Careful, No Spoilers Please (Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don’t want to ruing the book for others)    Share title and author too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their tbr list if they like your teaser!Please leave me a comment with either the link to your own Teaser Tuesdays post, or share your ‘teasers’ in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog) Thanks!
Reading Wicked Sense (Good Reads) right now, for book tour, will share some teasers, and also for another book I just finished, Blood And Whiskey :A Cowboy and Vampire Thriller (its so good!) Go here for my review and book tour info and teasers too.

Teaser #1 (Drake pov)
I arrive unnoticed and say a weak “Hi.” Yup, I’m that smooth.
Apparently, the book is still very interesting. Great, I’m losing to dead trees.
At last, she raises her eyes, still hidden by those weird lenses, and says, “I’m sorry. I’m sure you’re nice and all that, but I need to finish this.” Her manicured finger taps the book.
Teaser#2 (Skye's pov)
We hear a roar at the same time. I glance at him. He looks to his right, and then he shoves me away without warning. Before I know it, I’m sliding down the slope, grasping for plants to stop my descent, and a tree is falling over him. He tries to get out of its way. The trunk misses him, but one of the main branches hits him in the head. He tumbles over, and I scream.
Blood and Whiskey (The Cowboy and Vampire Thriller): Goodreads
Teaser #1
“Jesus jumpin’ Christ, there’s Vampires drinking at the Silver Dollar,” Dad said. “Who are they and how worried do we need to be?”
“They are nothing,” Elita said. “Groupies and social climbers banking that the Vampire Illuminati are on their way. Word travels fast in our world. You needn’t worry. I will visit the bar and destroy them shortly.”
She stood, Dad and Virote looking at her with admiration and marveling at the certainty in her voice.

Teaser #2 (I have deleted the names on this, so its spoiler free)
Lizzie used the gauze to wipe the blood away from her hands as the cuts began to heal. She pulled the screen around the bed.
There was a sullen curse as [*******] yanked the catheter free. “Hand me my clothes,” he said. “Let’s get out of here.”
“Damn, [******,] you look great for someone who’s been shot and had his throat slashed,” Tucker said.
“Seriously, [** ], get me my clothes. We’re in a hurry.”
“[*****], are you a Vampire?” Tucker asked.
“Apparently so. Lizzie, how long until I start wanting human blood?”


Tuesday Intros, First Chapter, First Paragraph

First Chapter First Paragraph - Tuesday Intros Hosted by Bibliophile By The Sea

Every Tuesday I will participate in the Tuesday Intro First Chapter-First Paragraph Intros.
These are books we decided to read based on the first paragraph or so. Then find another “Teaser” in the book somewhere to catch our interest. Leave me a comment with link to your post, and if your a new follower be sure to let me know. I want to be sure to follow back.

I won this book in a Giveaway Unguarded | Goodreads

Chapter 1 First Paragraph
I WOKE UP IN A PANIC, gasping for my next breath. My lashes fluttered open, but everything was blurry at first, swirling, fuzzy points of light blanketed a velvety blackness. I squinted, then blinked a few times and saw that I was staring up at a clear night sky full of stars. My back was flat against the ground, my head resting uncomfortably on top of something coarse and hard. As I rolled over and pushed up with my hands, sharp pain spread through my body, letting me know I hadn’t completely healed yet. But I ignored it and stood up, feeling unbalanced as I swayed. My arms flapped out as if I could fly, but I was only trying to keep from falling. After a few grueling moments, I was finally able to get it together—sort of. I cast a wary gaze around me. A forest thick with vegetation spread out on both sides, quiet and secluded, and a road weathered with age split right through the middle of it. Not too far from where I stood, the moon projected its light upon the dark surface like a mirage in a desert, and no matter how much distance I could gain, I knew I’d never reach the point where its light truly touched.

A deep sigh blew through my lips as a sense of hopelessness claimed me. Though I was certain I was somewhere on Earth, I still didn’t know where exactly I was or why I was there. I glanced down and my chest tightened with panic. Red, crackled smears covered the tops of my black wedge boots, spreading in crimson trails up my jeans, which were also ripped and torn—shredded at the knees. My arms were scratched and bloody, and the white tee had definitely seen better days. I grabbed my mouth, holding back a gasp, swinging another gaze around me.

Suddenly, images shot through my mind like a projector playing old videos. There was a man holding me, running his fingers through my wavy caramel hair. His eyes were like deep, sapphire pools, coaxing me into their bottomless depths. He lowered his lips to my ear. Then, the vision cut out like interfering static. I drew in a deep breath. More images returned, and this time I could make out that the man was familiar. He was around five foot ten, brunette, and had a muscular body from head to toe. I couldn’t see his eyes this time, not because I wasn’t straining, but because he was blurry…no, moving really fast. He threw me to the ground. “Stay down!” he yelled. “They’re coming!”

Teaser:

I gasped, stepped back. But he was already there. Too close, his arms opened wide, ready to grab me.Out of my body a jolt of electricity burst forth, radiating a light so bright it pierced the dark, smoke-filled world around me as if it were a miniature sun. 


(This makes me want to keep reading, I just got this, now I do not want to stop. I have to finish some other books for tours first, but will get to this one soon, just too good)

So would you keep reading? Or Pass?


0 comments:

Post a Comment