Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Tuesday Teasers & Tuesday Intros, First Chapter, First Paragraph 10/2

(Note if your reading this in a reader, or emails, you may need to visit my actual blog to display correctly, as the scrollboxes don't scroll in all readers and emails)

Teaser Tuesday Is a Weekly bookish Meme, Hosted by MitzB of Should Be Reading. 


Anyone can play along.  Just do the following:



 Grab your current read Open to a random page Share 2 (Two) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

   Be Careful, No Spoilers Please (Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don’t want to ruing the book for others)    Share title and author too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their tbr list if they like your teaser!Please leave me a comment with either the link to your own Teaser Tuesdays post, or share your ‘teasers’ in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog) Thanks! 

I have 2 books to share teasers with,(will share one from each)  one I just finished, and another I am reading

Temptation by Jamie Canosa (its also in the Anthology called It's A Love Thing , its the 2nd story) Its also on its own now as well. Very good sweet story, I enjoyed it. Review will come soon.
This small part cracked me up, love the PG use of words instead of cuss words, Jamie was very creative with the replacement words. Love it.
Amazon link (not affiliate, just hard to find it)
Teaser #1
“Share the wealth,” I shrugged again. “I mean, what girl doesn't want
to dance with Prince Charming at the ball? As long as you didn't start
making out with her or something.”
Mother of pearl . . . I did not just say that out loud. Someone please
tell me I did not just say that out loud. Lucas’ goofy grin told me that I
most likely had. Crud donks.
“Unbelievable,” he murmured, a smile still lingering on his oh so
yummy looking lips.
Summary Below
Melody isn’t thrilled about moving away from everything and everyone she knows thanks to her mother’s demanding job, but maybe living in Hotsville USA isn’t such a bad thing. First there’s the drop dead gorgeous boy next door, Lucas, who also happens to have a chip on his shoulder a mile wide. Then there’s Jason, the helpful, funny boy from town.
When both sexy studs take an interest in her, Melody is left trying to navigate Lucas’ ever shifting moods and Jason’s offbeat attitude towards all things questionable. But, things aren’t always as they seem. In the end, will she make the right decision? And will her choice effect more than just her heart?
I am now reading Redemption:
Redemption (The Penton Legacy #1) By Susannah Sandlin
Book tour stop here soon. Goodreads
Teaser #2
Shit. What the hell had happened? The mental cry for help faded, taking the images with it: a blood-coated knife, a wet parking lot, a Dumpster, and his brother’s name: Owen.
Summary below:

The world’s vampire population is on the brink of starvation since the vaccine to treat a global pandemic rendered human blood deadly to them. Their only hope for survival is a handful of rural areas that the vaccine never breached. The tiny town of Penton, Alabama, is one such enclave, where the immortal Aidan Murphy has established a community of vampires and their willingly bonded humans. Together, they live in peace—until Aidan’s estranged brother descends upon the town and begins attacking its humans. Whether the rampage is a result of his centuries-old feud with Aidan or the civil war threatening to erupt in the vampire world matters not. All that matters is the blood. Desperate to save his adopted family, Aidan breaks one of his cardinal rules, kidnapping an unvaccinated human doctor—and unexpectedly falling in love for the first time in nearly four hundred years.


Tuesday Intros, First Chapter, First Paragraph


First Chapter First Paragraph - Tuesday Intros Hosted by Bibliophile By The Sea



Every Tuesday I will participate in the Tuesday Intro First Chapter-First Paragraph Intros.

These are books we decided to read based on the first paragraph or so. Then find another “Teaser” in the book somewhere to catch our interest. Leave me a comment with link to your post, and if your a new follower be sure to let me know. I want to be sure to follow back.


Been waiting on this book for awhile, its 3rd in the Firelight Series, first book is Firelight, then Vanish, then this final book.
I have the summary below, then the first paragraph of first chapter, and then a teaser. Hope you enjoy. 
Summary
Jacinda was supposed to bond with Cassian, the "prince" of their pride. But she resisted long before she fell in love with Will—a human and, worse, a hunter. When she ran away with Will, it ended in disaster, with Cassian's sister, Miram, captured. Weighed down by guilt, Jacinda knows she must rescue her to set things right. Yet to do so she will have to venture deep into the heart of enemy territory.

The only way Jacinda can reach Miram is by posing as a prisoner herself, though once she assumes that disguise, things quickly spiral out of her control. As she learns more about her captors, she realizes that even if Will and Cassian can carry out their part of the plan, there's no guarantee they'll all make it out alive. But what Jacinda never could have foreseen is that escaping would be only the beginning....

Loyalties are tested and sacrifices made in the explosive conclusion to Sophie Jordan's Firelight trilogy.
Intro from first paragraph:
The air traps hot inside my lungs as I hover outside the van, peering within, studying the shadowed depths, so reminiscent of another van not so long ago. This one is empty, but soon I’ll occupy its space. Alone. My eyes start to burn from staring so hard at my soon-to-be prison and I blink swiftly. This is my choice, I remind myself.
“You don’t have to do this,” Will says, holding my hand, his fingers brushing back and forth against the inside of my wrist, making my pulse jump to life, and I suddenly remember how to breathe. With him, everything is always easier. Bearable.
Even this.
I nod even though fear twists like a hot poker inside me. It takes everything I have to slip my hand free from his and grip the edge of the door. “Yes. I do.”
“We can come up with another way—”
“No. This will work.” It’s my idea. Of course I believe in it. I persuaded them all, countering their protests until they agreed. Will. Cassian. Tamra. We’ve already come this far. Left my sister several miles back, waiting, hidden away until Will and Cassian return for her.
Teaser:
Will is silent. His face reveals nothing. I catch a glimmer of something more in his eyes, but I’m not sure what it means.
Miram lets out a wail and falls into Tamra’s arms.
“I’m sorry,” he finally says.

I hope you enjoyed my teasers, please leave me a comment with yours, or just what you think. Also, while your hear, check out my giveaways, upper right sidebar has the buttons.
I use scrollboxes from Pimp My Profile

0 comments:

Post a Comment