Sunday, July 15, 2012

I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore Book Review


I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies, #1)I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore


My rating: 5 of 5 stars




I loved this book (and the movie, but like the book better)
It was fun, and full of action and surprises. I love all the challenges that come up.

What I Am Number Four has going for it is its irresistible sci-fi/superhero premise and a pace that really moves along well. Number Four/John Smith is a likable character, although someone needs to explain to him the exact definition of keeping a low profile. After all, the guy is supposed to be in hiding and fitting in. He really doesn't do much of either. He seems to find trouble no matter what he does.


I did feel his romance of Sarah was a little fast. But we are talking about a boys young hormones here, so I guess its cool.


I Am Number Four is the first book in a planned six-book series, and it reads very visual, especially in the explosive action sequences, you can really see it come alive as you read. Its written very visually, and I really like that. Its not a surprise that a film was made out of it. I just wish they would make more of them. But its doubtful now, too much time has passed, and I doubt the original actors would come back, and they are no longer young enough now either. Oh-well, the books are still here to enjoy. I look forward to the rest of the series.


I did really like that a surprise character shows up very late in the book, and it looks like she'll be heavily featured in future installments. And i really loved the dog, lol, he was a nice surprise.


Be sure to check out the other books The Power of Six and soon to be out The Rise of Nine and I Am Number Four: The Lost Files: The Legacies and more to come.


(note: this review was written about 6 months ago, but I only just now put it on Goodreads and my blog, as Goodreads is a newer place for me, and my blog is a few months old)


Summary from Goodreads:
Nine of us came here. We look like you. We talk like you. We live among you. Bue we are not you. We can do things you dream of doing. We have powers you dream of having. We are stronger and faster than anything you have ever seen. We are the superheroes you worship in movies and comic books - but we are real.

Our plan was to grow, and train, and become strong, and become one, and fight them. But they found us and started hunting us first. Now all of us are running. Spending our lives in shadows, in places where no one would look, blending in. We have lived among you without you knowing.

But they know.

They caught Number One in Malaysia.
Number Two in England.
And Number Three in Kenya.
They killed them all.

I am Number Four.

I am next.



Be sure to check out my review for Rise Of the Nine, i have some teasers and experts there too. 



For fun here is a movie trailer of the movie.


Take a peek at this extra, find out about number 1, see more extras at Rise of the Nine Review
Level1 Unlock - Fallen Legacies Excerpt

0 comments:

Post a Comment