Saturday, August 3, 2013

Stacking the Shelves 8/3



Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks.
Hosted by Tyngas Reviews, visit her site to get all the guidelines, and to add to the linky list if you want to participate.


Smash Into You
By Shelly Crane

My Blog was selected by Shelly to do a review, I was honored to be one of them. She sent me a ARC review copy.


Jude has spent the whole twenty one years of his life running. From what, he wasn't quite sure. His mother tried to keep him safe; a low profile, a constant move on the horizon, a week's pay always stashed away. She tried to instill in him that he was special somehow, though would never elaborate. He never felt different. He was so completely normal and vanilla that he wondered if it had all been in her head. But then she was murdered and all he saw was a running silhouette of a man as his mother said three final words to him. Three words that changed his whole being. 

Never stop running…

Now he's semi-settled into a big town. The college is huge and easy to blend into. It's been three months since he had to move because 'Biloxi', as he calls the man who killed his mother, found him once more. 

Then Marley, an eighteen year old girl who is as infuriating as she is blissfully ignorant of her gorgeousness, smashes into his car with hers. Then smashes into his life as he realizes that whatever it is he has that Biloxi wants, she has it, too. And now, they're after them both.


Wanted: One Ghost
By Loni Lynne

Received for a book Tour for review


Stuck in ghostly limbo for 238 years, James Addison can't move on to an afterlife. After being falsely accused of treason and executed, fate's cursed him to remain an earth-bound specter until he meets a historian sent to research his past. Distrustful of fate, Dr. April Branford wants to be taken seriously, but her unique ability to divine history by touching objects seriously compromises her credibility. Her latest assignment? James Addison, a legendary colonial ladies' man with a shadowy past. Without much to go on, she doesn't hold out much hope to discover the man behind the legend until the day she accidentally touches him and brings him back to life. With the help of family and ghosts from James's past, they unravel the truth. But after falling in love and with time running out, it's hard for April to believe in fate and a future where forever is now.



Opal (Lux #3) (Signed copy by the author and the hot model for Daemon,Pepe Toth,  and I had the ebook)

by Jennifer L. Armentrout 


No one is like Daemon Black.

When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn’t fooling around. Doubting him isn’t something I’ll do again, and now that we’ve made it through the rough patches, well... There’s a lot of spontaneous combustion going on.

But even he can’t protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love.

After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different... And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.

Together we’re stronger... and they know it.


Finding Valor (Channie #3)

by Charlotte Abel 

Bought it, had to know what happens next.

Book 3 of The Channie Series

Josh awakes with no recollection of the previous six months of his life, including his relationship with Channie. Not only is it hard for him to believe that he's married and his wife was kidnapped, but accepting that he is a mage and prophecies of the Book of the Dead are almost impossible. Will he be able to save Channie from her mother's dark magic before she is sacrificed? And more importantly, will he live up to his power-name and find Valor in time to save all the clans?

Not suitable for young teens.


Dreamscape (Netherworld #1)

by Christie Rich

Received for a book tour,


Every night before Amelia falls asleep she makes a wish to dream of him – the man who calls her to their beautiful private oasis, her sanctuary where she is free of her greedy landlord’s threats. But tonight, he will not call Amelia to him. Tonight, another man will step into her world to claim her. Tonight, Amelia’s shattering reality will crumble - and disappear into the Dreamscape…along with her freedom.

When Amelia dreams tonight, her nightmare becomes her new world where Seth is her captor and anything is possible…except escape. Seth needs Amelia to break the curse that binds him to the Dreamscape. He must convince her that she was made to free him, that she was made to join him.

For if he fails, he will never escape his prison, and he will lose Earth to the Netherworld where the evil Erobos wait to consume the human realm and everything in it. If he fails, Seth will lose the one thing that matters to him: Amelia

17 comments:

  1. Nice haul! Wanted: One Ghost sounds really good and I love the cover. I am still impatiently waiting for Origin by JLA. Love that you got Opal signed by the author and the model! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haul!! Dreamscape has such a pretty cover!! It's so beautiful.
    I am in love with the Lux series by JLA. I can not wait for Origin to be released!
    Old follower
    my StS
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2013/08/stacking-shelves-51.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh wow! The Dreamscape cover is beyond gorgeous!! I haven't read any Armentrout books yet though I have Half Blood on my shelf for read and review :)

    My Haul

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to read those Jennifer Armentrout books, so many people love them! That's fun that you the author and the cover model, very cool!

    Here is my very first STS, if you'd like to stop by for a visit!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Opal was awesome! Love the signed copy :) Great haul!

    Janina
    My Haul!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks, I love that the model, Pepe wrote Hey Kitten, so like what Daemon would say, lol. I bought this when JLA offered to buy signed copy while she was signing books at one of her stops, I love this cover the best, so did this book. I wished Orgin was out for that, but maybe she will do it again. She never comes anywhere near where I live, so its the only way I could get one. I have not even finished reading Opal (ebook) yet, I got about 3/4 done, then started seeing people freaking out about the huge cliffhanger, and I really hate those, especially with books like this series I am so passionate about. So I will pick it back up just before Origin is released. :) Thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have not finished Opal yet (the ebook) I quit reading when I heard so much about the cliffhanger, and really hate them, so just stopped at 3/4 mark. Will pick it back up closer to the release of Orgin. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for stopping by. I love Shelly Crane's Significance series, so think I will like Smash Into You as well

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the Dreamscape cover too, except that same cover is on another book, and that bugs me, lol, (called

    The Devil's Concubine

    By Jill Braden
    ) Its still pretty though, and the Lux series is one of my favorite but also love the Covenant series too. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good haul this week. I'm jealous of the signed copy of Opal! Happy reading!

    My STS.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have heard a lot of good stuff for Lux but I need to read all my TBR pile first before adding this series.


    You are so lucky for getting a signed copy. From where I live, that kind of opportunity is nil. :D


    Happy reading.


    Thoughts and Pens

    ReplyDelete
  12. Smash Into You sounds awesome, I will be adding it to my Goodreads :) I hope you enjoy all your awesome books Michelle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for stopping by, I am sure I will enjoy them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. yeah, I had to order it with a special Jennifer did, to get it, as I live in the middle of the mountains and not close to anywhere there are signings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are all new to me but a couple of them look interesting. Hope you enjoy them all. Happy Reading!
    Here were my new
    additions
    .

    ReplyDelete