Saturday, August 10, 2013

Book Boyfriend Of The Week #2



This is a meme created by Reading and Things for bloggers to talk about their book boyfriends and tease the readers with things they've said.


Want to participate?


Then all you have to do is:


1) Pick a book boyfriend, it can be from the book your currently reading or from one you've already read.

2) Write what kind of boyfriend he is, and if you want, say why you think that.

3) Pick a quote from his book, long or short, that proves he is the kind of boyfriend you said he is.

4) Make sure the quote, and the explanation DO NOT give away anything from the book (we want all of the twists and plot surprises to remain surprises).

5) Share it! And shout it out using the #Reading and Things.


This week I pick Jade, from Shelly Crane’s new book, called Smash Into Me. It’s not my normal kind of book. You see, I am a Shelly fan, and I just assumed there would be some paranormal in this book, but I was wrong, but even though there wasn’t, I absolutely fell in love with this story. There is a hint of “something” but won’t say, so not to spoil it for anyone who wants to read it. It has a great story; I will leave it at that.
Jude was first a jerk in a big way, then has his sweet moments, funny too, then the steamy romantic side. He was the whole package. I think he ended up great. The whole book is from his point of view which I loved.
Hope you like the teasers, and go make Jude your book boyfriend.. This is from an ARC from the author.

Teaser 1  JERK

 I swallowed and stared as bored as I could at the girl as she finally made her way to me from across the hall.

She tucked her hair behind her ear gently and smiled a little. "Hi, uh, can I just-"Showtime. "Honey, that's real sweet, but I'm not interested." I slid my arm around my groupie. I didn't even know her name, but they were always within arm's reach. 
"As you can see, I have my hands full already, but thanks for offering."She scoffed and looked completely shocked. I took her in, head to foot. She was really adorable. She had a great little body on her and her face was almond shaped. Her lips looked…sweet. She was not the kind I wanted within ten feet of me. She was still standing there. I had to send her packing…to save her in the long run.

I grinned as evilly as I could muster and felt a small twinge of guilt at the vulnerable look of her. I looked away quickly. I didn't even want to remember her face. "Run along, darlin'. Go find a tuba player. I'm sure he's more your speed. Like I said, I'm not interested."


Teaser 2 FUNNY

"Bastard. Mother fan-freaking-tastic. Crap! Crap! Crap! Bastard crap!"
Marley had her mouth covered with her fingers, no doubt disgusted by my outburst. We'd only made it about a hundred and some change down the road before the front driver's side tire blew. I was holding in four-letter words for her benefit, but I was so pissed.
The giggle made me turn. She wasn't horrified; she was laughing at me! "What the hell is so funny?"
"Bastard crap," she said with a grin and giggled again. "I know that whatever is wrong is obviously not good, but...bastard crap?"
I sighed and leaned my head back on the seat, the smile breaking free on my lips. "Oh, boy, you're gonna be trouble, aren't you?" 

Teaser 3 SWEET

  Then she leaned over and wrapped her arm around my waist. "Please, please let me snuggle with you. Please. There could be more bugs here," she whispered into my neck and shivered. "Jude, please."
I sighed and rolled over, opening my arm to her. She put her cheek to my chest and I figured it was an opportune time to touch her since she was asking for it. I let my hand pull her closer and rubbed her arm. She was asleep in no time. My shoulder ached to lay on it, but I wasn't about to move for anything in this world.


Teaser 4 Steamy/Romantic

She watched me. "You said you wanted to kiss my scar..." I nodded. "Will you?"She didn't have to ask me twice.
I lowered onto the sweetest mouth I'd ever tasted and I never wanted to taste another for, God, thank you, she was the only thing that kept me from falling over the edge to the end of me.
I felt her hands bunch in my shirt and that lit my fire. With full pressure and caressing, I gave her everything. She was timid and let me completely lead. I was intrigued, but right then, I wanted to hold the reins. I wanted to show the girl what she had done to me and for me. But later...I wanted to duel.
When I licked at her bottom lip, she gasped in my mouth a little, effectively opening the heavens to me. I was drowning in her taste, living in the air she breathed, swimming in the first moan that escaped her.
The dressing room was small and there were no chairs or benches, just three walls, one mirror, and a curtain. So I couldn't help myself as I turned us and pressed her to the back wall of the dressing room. One of my hands escaped and found its way to her leg. I lifted it to my side, my hand settling in the crook of her knee, feeling how warm and supple she was all over.
Her hand went into my hair, tugging and pulling like a pro. I pressed harder, conveying all the things she was doing to me. Her tongue was timid like she was, but it was nice to feel it brush mine softly, like she was taking her time and savoring me.
Then she reached around and stuck her hand in my back pocket.I felt my eyes roll to the back of my head under my closed eyelids.



Smash Into You
By Shelly Crane

My Blog was selected by Shelly to do a review; I was honored to be one of them. She sent me a ARC review copy.


Jude has spent the whole twenty one years of his life running. From what, he wasn't quite sure. His mother tried to keep him safe; a low profile, a constant move on the horizon, a week's pay always stashed away. She tried to instill in him that he was special somehow, though would never elaborate. He never felt different. He was so completely normal and vanilla that he wondered if it had all been in her head. But then she was murdered and all he saw was a running silhouette of a man as his mother said three final words to him. Three words that changed his whole being.

Never stop running…

Now he's semi-settled into a big town. The college is huge and easy to blend into. It's been three months since he had to move because 'Biloxi', as he calls the man who killed his mother, found him once more.

Then Marley, an eighteen year old girl who is as infuriating as she is blissfully ignorant of her gorgeousness, smashes into his car with hers. Then smashes into his life as he realizes that whatever it is he has that Biloxi wants, she has it, too. And now, they're after them both.




If you want to join on this, I created the button and banners, so below is the grab boxes for them. Visit Reading and Things for more on this great new Meme. There is the 2 at top are with shadows, for blogs like mine that have no frame;s around the photos, and show transparency  for ones that do not allow that, the 2 at bottom are normal way, without the shadow. You can always just right click and save the pic as well, and then size how you want, just point it to the host.





Reading and Things
Reading and Things

My Book Boyfriend of the Week
My Book Boyfriend of the Week

14 comments:

  1. Great pick - I am really curious now. I am on the tour for this book and will be reading it shortly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh! I'm looking forward to this one now! I hadn't heard of it, but the quotes have convinced me to add it to my TBR!

    My Book Boyfriend Post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. I'm loving all those teasers. I havent read too many books from the guys POV. Can't wait to meet Jude. I'm putting this one on my TBR list.

    Thanks for stopping by my BB
    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved all the parts you put!! I definitely want to meet him! My favorite is the sweet one!

    My BB

    Ally @ Book Fixation

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow!! Jude sounds awesome !! I think I am definitely checking this book out!!

    Check out my Book Boyfriend!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I liked that last one lots!

    Here's My Book Boyfriend

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Call me crazy, but I love the JERK teaser the best :-)

    Check out My Book Boyfriend Post

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, that is a good one, but found it funny later in the book, it was a foot in mouth moment, he just didn't know it yet, lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is a good one, too bad they get rudely interrupted right after that scene., lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, Jude is pretty awesome, Thanks for stopping by, making some rounds now, so coming on over now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks for stopping by, yeah, he is sweet, and I also liked that one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for stopping by, I think you will love this book. Jude is great, and its a nice change from the guys point of view. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. glad you liked it, its an ARC, so its not out yet, think its out later this month, I am not sure. I am putting a post with review up soon as well. thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete
  14. you will like it I think. Glad you get to read it. Thanks for stopping by. sorry for the delay in response, had some stuff come up offline.

    ReplyDelete