Saturday, September 7, 2013

Book Boyfriend of the Week #6



This is a meme created by Reading and Things for bloggers to talk about their book boyfriends and tease the readers with things they've said.


Want to participate?


Then all you have to do is:


1) Pick a book boyfriend, it can be from the book your currently reading or from one you've already read.

2) Write what kind of boyfriend he is, and if you want, say why you think that.

3) Pick a quote from his book, long or short, that proves he is the kind of boyfriend you said he is.

4) Make sure the quote, and the explanation DO NOT give away anything from the book (we want all of the twists and plot surprises to remain surprises).

5) Share it! And shout it out using the #Reading and Things.

My pick for my Book Boyfriend of the Week is Will Herondale from the Infernal Devices series, and these teasers from Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare. (paranormal romance, its YA age category)  

Teaser #1 Funny (for those who do not know, Magnus is a warlock with cat eyes, and Church is a special cat)

Will turned around slowly, wiping blood from his face. “Your glaring at me,” he said to Magnus. “You look like Church before he bites someone.

Teaser #2 Loyal and just overall a great guy: (for those who do not know, his best friend Jem is dying, and Tessa is someone he is in love with, but no one knew, and Jem also is in love with her, and she had accepted his marriage perposal before she even knew Will loved her, as she also loves him, but she also loves Jem in a different way. Jem is dying so it puts them all in an impossible position, and where this scene comes from)

“If Jem dies, I cannot be with Tessa,” said Will. “Because it will be as if I were waiting for him to die, or took some joy in his death, if it let me have her. And I will not be that person. I will not profit from his death. So he must live.”

Teaser #3  heartbreaking ~ Will talking to Tessa, and in previous book, Tessa told Will she didn’t love him, thinking it would spare him or something, since she was marrying Jem, he does not know she loves him too. So Sad.

“You remember what else I said to you that day in the drawing room,” he said. “I want you to be happy, and him to be happy. And yet when you walk that aisle to meet him and join yourselves forever you will walk an invisible path of the shards of my heart, Tessa. I would give over my own life for either of yours. I would give over my own life for your happiness. I thought perhaps that when you told me you did not love me that my own feelings would fall away and atrophy, but they have not. They have grown every day. I love you now more desperately, this moment, than I have ever loved you before, and in an hour I will love you more than that. It is unfair to tell you this, I know, when you can do nothing about it.” He took a shuddering breath. “How you must despise me.”


I hope you likes my pick this week. I love this series, which is a prequel series of sorts to the Mortal Instruments; basically in this series we have some ancestors to the characters in the Mortal Instruments, and some of the same characters, even hundreds of years later, like the Warlock Magnus Bane, and the special cat Church. If you have not checked out this series and the Mortal Instruments, I highly recommend you look into them.



If you want to participate in this, and need the button and banners, I made them, and have 4 versions of them, I have them the last post HERE, so grab the one you want.

Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices #3)
by Cassandra Clare

A net of shadows begins to tighten around the Shadowhunters of the London Institute. Mortmain plans to use his Infernal Devices, an army of pitiless automatons, to destroy the Shadowhunters. He needs only one last item to complete his plan: he needs Tessa Gray.

Charlotte Branwell, head of the London Institute, is desperate to find Mortmain before he strikes. But when Mortmain abducts Tessa, the boys who lay equal claim to her heart, Jem and Will, will do anything to save her. For though Tessa and Jem are now engaged, Will is as much in love with her as ever.

As those who love Tessa rally to rescue her from Mortmain’s clutches, Tessa realizes that the only person who can save her is herself. But can a single girl, even one who can command the power of angels, face down an entire army?

Danger and betrayal, secrets and enchantment, and the tangled threads of love and loss intertwine as the Shadowhunters are pushed to the very brink of destruction in the breathtaking conclusion to the Infernal Devices trilogy.

8 comments:

  1. I adored Will in The Infernal Devices. Great pick Michelle.

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will is one of the most swoon-worthiest guys out there. Cassandra really knows how to write some hot scenes with him!

    Thanks for stopping by MY BOOK BOYFRIEND post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read the Infernal Devices series yet, I love the Immortal Instruments series.... but cos there has been such a gap between each book, I kinda put it off.... I really want to fix that soon!

    Thanx for visiting my Book Boyfriend!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my Will! I love him so much! Awesome pick!

    Thanks for stopping by my book boyfriend post!

    Ally @ Book Fixation

    ReplyDelete