Thursday, May 16, 2013

Horizon (Elemental Enmity #4) by Christie Rich ~Book Review

Buy at Smashwords (All Formats)
Blurb

Evil has many faces—unfortunately, Rayla Tate has seen them all, or so she thinks. Since she learned she was an Elemental, she has been hunted for her power. But Rayla hasn’t met her greatest foe; she hasn’t seen true evil…yet.

Rayla betrayed her bondmate to be with the man she loves. Now that she has Heath at her side, she is ready to face the fae council and move on with her life. Too bad Zach has other ideas. He’s not about to give Rayla up just because his sister got in the way. He will find Rayla and prove to her that he is the man she is meant to be with, even if he has to face the monsters of the dark realms to do it.

Despite her growing feelings for Heath, with every passing day her body gives in to her bond with Zach. Rayla must leave the dark realms or risk losing control of her mind and ultimately her power. Once back in Lombarda, she discovers a secret about her origins that could shake the foundations of the world, both fae and human. There is more at stake than who she is bound to. The Order and the fae both want control of the same thing, and this time it is not her.

Rayla must unite with unlikely allies to destroy the evil plaguing Faeresia. For if she refuses, she will succumb to a compulsion she never could have anticipated and plunge the world and those she loves into darkness or utter oblivion.

My Review for Horizon

Wow, not sure what to say, just wow, what a journey this series has taken me on. This series actually left me with a book hangover in a way. I needed more of this world, and more of Heath, lol. Wow, just love that guy.

This last book in the series (at least I think it is) really was the best, although they all build up to this one, so really, to me it was like one giant book, lol.  I absolutely loved it, loved the ending, and was happy for the most part, but was not expecting a lot of what did happen to happen.

I have trouble writing this review, because I do not want to spoil anything for anyone, especially if you had not read the previous books.

I am not going to tell you anything about he story, you can get the gist of it from the summary, and like I mentioned, don’t want to spoil some of these amazing twist and turns.

We do get a lot of the questions answered, and can see that this could be the last book. But to me, it could go on, as there is always something more that can happen.
I would give many more stars if there were any, lol, Let’s just say, Max stars no matter where it is posted, lol

Great writing, and great story. I highly recommend it.

This book was given to me by the author for my honest review.

I only dislike one thing, and that's the cover, it poorly done, if you look, the girl is UNDER the wing of the Pegasus, just not possible, so, I have issues with that, I am a person who loves great covers, and the cover is actually what draws me to a book, so this is a big flaw to me.  BUT the story is amazing, just wish the cover would have been done better (meaning the flaw in the wings and girl done wrong.

This review is also at Amazon, Here, and Goodreads, here



Christie Rich

I love to be creative. It is more than a hobby. It is a need of mine. Whether writing, reading, painting, flower arranging or trying something new, I spend most of my time in the pursuit of freeing the creations inside me.





Author Links


See the great Dream Cast at Book 1 Review, aslo has other extras.
First Book Five is Free at all places you can buy (ebook)

Or Buy at Smashwords for All ebook formats
Smashwords Five (Free) #1
Smashwords for Dark Matter #2
Smashwords for Genesis #3
Smashwords for Horizon #4

0 comments:

Post a Comment