Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Tuesday Teasers & Tuesday Intros, First Chapter, First Paragraph 8/7




Teaser Tuesday Is a Weekly bookish Meme, Hosted by MitzB of Should Be Reading. 
Anyone can play along.  Just do the following:

·        Grab your current read
·        Open to a random page
·        Share 2 (Two) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
·        BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don’t want to ruing the book for others)
·        Share title and author too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR list if they like your teaser!
PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Teaser Tuesdays post, or share your ‘teasers’ in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog) Thanks!


I have a few teasers from Deity, But first, WHAT is this part in the right upper part of this cover? that whole shinny rounded looking part? Looks like someone's long hair at part of it, but can't be a girls Shoulder, too hairy, ANYONE know what this pic on cover is supposed to be? Been bugging me.
Deity by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Teaser #1

-“Alex.” Bemused frustration colored his tone.
I grinned.  “I’m taking a quick shower.  I’m gross.  I need to be clean.”
“You shouldn’t be doing that.”  The door jingled.  It wasn’t locked.  “Alex!”
“I’m naked,” I warned.
Silence and then, “Is that supposed to make me not want to come in there?”

Teaser #2
Seth chuckled, and then his mouth was making its way to mine, and I opened for him. The edges of his hair tickled my cheeks as the kiss deepened. His fingers drifted down the front of my blouse and then they were sliding over the bare skin of my stomach. I wrapped my leg around his, and we were moving together on the bed. His lips were dancing all over my flushed skin as his hands slid down, fingers finding the button on my jeans. A second later, there was a knock on my door and a booming voice.“Alexandria?”
Seth stilled above me, panting. “You have got to be freaking kidding me.”Leon knocked again. “Alexandria, I know you’re in there.”
Dazed, I blinked several times. The room slowly came back into focus as did Seth’s disgruntled expression. I almost laughed, except I felt… off.“You better answer him, angel, before he barges in here.”I tried, but failed. I took a deep breath. “Yeah.”
I cleared my throat.“Yeah, I’m in here.”

There was a pause. “Lucian is requesting your presence immediately.” Another gap of silence followed. “He is also requesting to see you, Seth.”
Seth frowned as the gleam is his eyes faded. “How in the world does he know I’m in here?”
“Leon… just knows.” I pushed at him weakly. “Get off.”
“I was trying to.” Seth rolled over, running his hands down his face.
I scowled at him and sat up. A wave of dizziness swept over me. My gaze moved from Seth to my curled hand. Slowly, I opened it. Glowing in iridescent blue was a glyph that was shaped like a staple. Both of my hands were marked. He leaned over my shoulder.
“Hey, you got another one.”
I swung at him and missed by a mile. “You did that on purpose.”
Seth shrugged as he straightened his shirt. “You didn’t mind, now did you?”
“That’s not the point, you douchenozzle. I shouldn’t have these.”
He glanced up, brows arched. “Look, I didn’t do it on purpose. I have no idea how or why it happens. Maybe it’s happening because it’s supposed to.”
“People are waiting,” Leon called from the hallway. “Time is of the essence.”

Seth rolled his eyes. “They couldn’t have waited another thirty or sixty minutes?”
“I don’t know what you think you were going to get accomplished in that extra time.”
Still feeling a little dizzy, I swayed when I stood and looked down at my unbuttoned shirt and bra.
 Now how did that happen?
 Seth grinned at me.


Shadows (A Lux Novel Prequel to Obsidian) By Jennifer L. Armentrout
Teaser#1
“Whenever anyone starts a conversation off like that, I’m pretty sure I am going to flip out.”
Ah, good point. “It has to do with Beth.”
His brother’s face went blank.
“I went to see her yesterday, at her house,” he continued. “And something happened.”
There was still no response from his brother. A quiet Daemon was a Daemon about to explode. “I don’t know how it happened or why, but it did. We were kissing…and I lost hold on my human form.”
Daemon sucked in a sharp breath and started to stand but stopped. “Jesus…”
“It left a faint trace on her.” And here comes the bad part. “And she knows the truth.”
Like a switch being thrown, Daemon was up and in his face in a split second. “Are you serious?”
Dawson met his brother’s hard stare. “I don’t think I’d joke about something like this.”
“And I didn’t think you’d be so damn careless, Dawson!” Daemon flickered out and reappeared on the other side of the room, his spine rigid and shoulders tense. “Dammit!”


Teaser #2
“Your girl is going to turn into one huge, mother—”
“Finish that sentence and I will stab you in the eye with the spork Bethany’s about to pull out of her bag for her apple sauce.” He smiled gamely. “And she’d be very upset if I got her spork all messed up. She’s rather fond of the thing.”
Yeah, she would be upset over that…for many reasons.
Andrew sat back, his jaw tightening. On the other side, Daemon did the strangest thing. He laughed—really loudly. It was a nice sound, deeper than Dawson’s.
“A spork,” Dee said, grabbing her bag. “What is a spork?”
Bethany’s mouth dropped open. “You’ve never seen one?”
“Dee doesn’t get out much,” Dawson replied, grinning.
“Shut up.” Dee pulled out the fork and spoon in one and smiled. “I’ve never seen one of these! Ha. This is so handy.” She looked over at Daemon, eyes dancing. “We could get rid of over half of our silverware and get like ten of these and we’d be set for life.”



Tuesday Intros, First Chapter, First Paragraph

First Chapter First Paragraph - Tuesday Intros Hosted by Bibliophile By The Sea

Every Tuesday I will participate in the Tuesday Intro First Chapter-First Paragraph Intros.
These are books we decided to read based on the first paragraph or so. Then find another “Teaser” in the book somewhere to catch our interest. Leave me a comment with link to your post, and if your a new follower be sure to let me know. I want to be sure to follow back.





Existence by Abbie Glines
Chapter One
Don’t look at him and he’ll go away. I chanted in my head, as I walked toward my locker. It took an extreme amount of willpower not to glance back over my shoulder. Not only would alerting him I could see him be pointless but it would also be stupid. The halls were already full of students. Although, if he’d followed me inside the school I would have seen him easily enough through the throngs of people. He would stand out just like they always did, unmoving and watching.
“GAH! Have you seen Leif? I mean honestly can he get any hotter? Oh, yes he can.” Miranda Wouters, my best friend since elementary school, squealed as she grabbed my arm.
“No, I haven’t seen him. Football camp must’ve agreed with him,” I replied, forcing a smile. I couldn’t care less how hot Leif Montgomery looked. Miranda rolled her eyes and opened the locker beside mine.
“Honestly, Pagan, I don’t get how you can be so immune to such intense hotness.”
I managed a genuine laugh and slipped my bag over my shoulder. “Hotness? You didn’t just say hotness.”
Miranda shrugged, “I’m not an endless well of descriptive words, like you are.”
I chanced a peek over my shoulder. The halls were full of normal people, living people. They were talking, laughing, and reading over their schedules. It was all very real. I let out a sigh of relief. This was the first day of my senior year. I wanted to enjoy it.
“So, what class do you have first?” I asked, relaxing for the first time since I’d spotted the dead guy lounging outside on the picnic table staring directly at me.



Teaser
 “You’re the one thing I want the most in the world yet the one thing I cannot have. Because to have you completely would be impossible. You can’t go where I walk.” He stopped and cradled my face in his hands. “The purpose of my existence is not to have a mate. It is lonely and cold. Until now it has been all I've known. Then you became the appointed and everything changed.” He dropped his hands from me and backed away as a pained desperation clouded his eyes. “Go, Pagan. Run, please, run. I am not what you think I am. I am not ‘intelligent, honest, talented, and compassionate’ although hearing you say those words in my defense felt like warm liquid pouring through my cold veins. You want to know what I am and I can’t tell you. If you knew, I wouldn't have to beg you to run.”
I hope you liked my teasers and the chapter intro
Leave me a comment with your teasers, or link to them.
Thanks



0 comments:

Post a Comment