Monday, February 10, 2014

Give Me Desire (Reason #3) by Zoey Derrick ~ Review & Excerpt ~


Give Me Desire (Reason #3)

by Zoey Derrick 
Published December 31st 2013 by Zoey Derrick (first published December 1st 2013)
ASIN B00HLNRWBE


BLURB:

VIVIENNE CALLAHAN, discharged from the hospital after surviving a near-fatal attack from Riley, her abusive ex-boyfriend, has come to the safety of Mikah’s protection. As she continues to heal physically and mentally from her ordeal, she begins to have strange dreams...dreams that follow her into waking life and hint at a fate she never could’ve foreseen and dangers far greater than Riley.

Meanwhile, MIKAH BLAKE has some ideas about her future, too, and the more she considers his proposals, the weaker her resistance to him becomes. His recent actions have taught her to respect and trust him, but soon her feelings for him threaten to deepen into something more, something she may not be ready for.

In the third book of the Reason series, Vivienne will discover who and what she and the people around her really are.



I have really enjoyed this series. The books are really short, and always end on a cliffhanger of sorts. Luckily the next books are always out quick. Best to just be ready to buy the next ones right away.

I enjoyed this one even more than the last one and for sure more than the first (it was more of a background, and didn’t reveal itself as a paranormal book, so for me, was not as exciting, but still good)

This one slows down a bit and we are in Viv’s head, which it great, but I miss Mikah’s voice, as he is my favorite character. Viv is growing on me now, I didn’t connect with her much in the first 2 books, she was just too naive and stubborn, but it’s all better now.

I was pleased to see Viv finally accept some much needed help from Mikah. The “dreams” she has are pretty cool and start to tell us more of what is really going on.

Overall a great addition to the ongoing story. It defiantly has to be read in order. Its more like reading chapters with cliffhangers, then the story picks up in the next. These books are more like novella length.

If you have not picked up this series yet, you need to do so now. It’s a great Paranormal Romance,

5 out of 5 stars.

I received this book from the author for my honest review.

This review is also posted at Goodreads and Amazon


You can read my reviews and excerpts of the other books too, links below.

Give Me Reason (Book 1) My Review | Goodreads
Give Me Hope (Book 2) My Review | Goodreads


Book One, Give me Reason is Free



Author Bio:

Amazon Best Selling Angels, Demons & Devils and Paranormal Author of Give Me Reason - The Reason Series Book One comes from Glendale, Arizona. Zoey, was a mortgage underwriter by day and is now a paranormal, romance and erotica novelist full-time. She writes stories as hot as the desert sun itself. It is this passion that drips off of her work, bringing excitement to anyone who enjoys a good and sensual love story.
Not only does she aim to take her readers on an erotic dance that lasts the night, it allows her to empty her mind of stories we all wish were true.
Her stories are hopeful yet true to life, skillfully avoiding melodrama and the unrealistic, bringing her gripping Erotica only closer to the heart of those that dare dipping into it.
The intimacy of her fantasies that she shares with her readers is thrilling and encouraging, climactic yet full of suspense. She is a loving mistress, up for anything, of which any reader is doomed to return to again and again.

Online Links

Buy Links:




"So you're happy?" 
I cock my head at him, puzzled by his question. “Yes, though regardless, boy or girl, I'd be happy, so long as it were healthy." 
He smiles. "Good. If I'd known that you wanted to know, I would have given you the envelope."
"No, it's okay. I'd forgotten about it until she brought it up again. Besides, she seems more sure now than she was when she gave us the envelope."
"True. What else has she said?"
"Not much. We talked about my aversion to red meat." He laughs at that. "She said it was normal for me to not like everything I may have liked before. She also asked about my vitamins and if I was taking them, and that was about as far as we got when you called."
"Okay, no more red meat. Got it." He laughs, teasing. "Can I call you tonight?"
My heart pounds. "When are you coming home?" I pause momentarily at what I've just said about home. 
Mikah, on the other hand, doesn't quite catch it. “Tomorrow, in the morning. Early. I think. It's been pretty chaotic around here."
"I can tell, you look exhausted."
He snorts. "Yeah, I didn't sleep very well last night."
My brows knit together. "Why not?"
"We can talk about it later. I'm going to let you get back to your appointment. I'll call you when I'm done here, okay?"
"Okay. Thanks for joining us."
"No, thank you for letting me be a part of this." 
I smile a little wider. "By the way, what is this thing that I'm talking to you on?" I ask.
"It's called an iPad. It's like your iPod, only bigger and a bit more sophisticated. Do you like it?"
"It's pretty cool, though all I've done is talk to you. Not sure what else it can do."
"I'll show you when I get home. Actually, I'll ask Celeste to show you the FaceTime app on your iPod. We can video chat tonight, if you'd like."
My heart patters a bit at the thought of seeing him again when we talk tonight, and I smile wide. 
"Good. Alright, I wish you luck with the rest of your appointment, and I will talk to you soon."
"Okay, bye." 
"Bye," he says.
The iPad beeps twice and he's gone. 
Within a matter of seconds Dr. A. is back in the room. 
"Thank you. For letting him call and join us." I say to her. 
"You're welcome," she says and smiles. 
I hand her back the iPad and she sets it down behind her. "Shall we finish this up?"
I nod and lie back down.


This tour is brought to you by Innovative Online Book Tours.

0 comments:

Post a Comment