Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Teaser Tuesday & Tuesday Intros First Chapter 1/22



Teaser Tuesday Is a Weekly bookish Meme, Hosted by MitzB of Should Be Reading. 

Anyone can play along.  Just do the following:


 Grab your current read Open to a random page Share 2 (Two) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

   Be Careful, No Spoilers Please (Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don’t want to ruing the book for others)    Share title and author too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their their list if they like your teaser!Please leave me a comment with either the link to your own Teaser Tuesdays post, or share your ‘teasers’ in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog) Thanks! 

Teaser #1
Then he leans forward and his lips touch mine, so softly, really, but at the massive jolt it sends into my system, the dragonflies explode into a full-fledged frenzy.And then we’re really kissing, and he’s like a drug or fine wine or any of those things that people say make them lightheaded and delirious. My body moves with a mind of its own, close as possible to his, because I want him, need him so much that it’s almost painful. Thunder cracks overhead and the rain falls harder. But I don’t care, because the only thing that matters is this connection between the two of us and the way it makes me feel.

Teaser #2
“What . . . ? Cora. What’s wrong with her?” The words float above me as I sink into the pool below.“She’s got a concussion, Karl,” Cora says. Her voice is no more than a whisper. “And I can’t do much about it while you’re driving like a madman!”My head drops below the water line, ending my ability to hear anything else they might have to say about me.

A Matter of Fate

 

A Matter of Fate (Fate Series #1)

Published August 30th 2012 by Cerulean Books
ISBN 0985865334 (ISBN13: 9780985865337)


Chloe Lilywhite struggles with all the normal problems of a typical seventeen-year-old high school student. Only, Chloe isn't a normal teenage girl. She's a Magical, part of a secret race of beings who influence the universe. More importantly, she's a Creator, which means Fate mapped out her destiny long ago, from her college choice, to where she will live, to even her job. While her friends and relatives relish their future roles, Chloe resents the lack of say in her life, especially when she learns she's to be guarded against a vengeful group of beings bent on wiping out her kind. Their number one target? Chloe, of course. 
That's nothing compared to the boy trouble she's gotten herself into. Because a guy she's literally dreamed of and loved her entire life, one she never knew truly existed, shows up in her math class, and with him comes a twin brother she finds herself inexplicably drawn to. 
Chloe's once unyielding path now has a lot more choices than she ever thought possible.
See my post here for the book tour on this book, you can read some more teasers and a funny excerpt (no spoilers) and my review if you want. Its an excellent book


Tuesday Intros, First Chapter, First Paragraph

First Chapter First Paragraph - Tuesday Intros Hosted by Bibliophile By The Sea

Every Tuesday I will participate in the Tuesday Intro First Chapter-First Paragraph Intros.
These are books we decided to read based on the first paragraph or so. Then find another “Teaser” in the book somewhere to catch our interest. Leave me a comment with link to your post, and if your a new follower be sure to let me know. I want to be sure to follow back.

When Silver Moons Rise (Lost Immortals #2)

Published January 20th 2013 by TriGate Press (first published January 2013)
ISBN 1482000121 (ISBN13: 9781482000122)
EnglishSeries Lost Immortals #2

Go Here for a Promo Post and Excerpt of this book

A Matter of Fate
Facing an unstable future, Chela Prizeon leaves Castle Hayne and crosses over to enemy territory in pursuit of Faris--the boy of royal blood who is cursed by a bitter rival. But soon Chela learns that he has been taken deep into the treacherous frozen prisons--a majestic, but deadly place where people enter and are never seen again. To find the boy she loves, Chela must join forces with one of her greatest enemies. And even though she pulls strength from the good in her powers, she finds herself drawn to the dark side's temptation as well.
Narrated from both Chela's and Faris's point of view, this enchanting sequel to When Copper Suns Fall will take them on a voyage into unknown lands, where the dark, twisted, and revengeful wait to make this their most dangerous journey ever.
Please Note: This book contains mature content including profanity, drug/alcohol use, and sexual situations/language.


Prologue
My name is Chela Prizeon.

Two months ago, I celebrated my seventeenth birthday with my twin brother, Micah. The day was cheerful enough, I guess. Neither of us thought we would ever each other again.
My brother spent almost an entire year of his life in a coma, a supernatural one. His soul was trapped inside of a land parallel to ours, a place hidden by an ancient type of magic. The ruler of this world, a girl who appears to be not much older than Micah and me, captured his spirit, but not his body. Through a spell, she ripped him out of our lives. And he fought it. With my sacrifice and through our special bond, we defeated the one known as Rabia.
Life should be great for me, right? But we live in a society where my kind—the humans with angel-blood—are executed on a regular basis. I look over my shoulder each day hoping that my brother and I won’t be discovered. It’s funny because a small of me wants to be found out, so that Father, Micah, and everyone I hold dear will be safe.
But for now, I return to a normal life as I try to keep memories of the boy with the silver eyes out of my head. Who am I kidding? He rules me, possesses my mind, my body, each part of my very existence. To deny him is like throwing my body on a sword, slicing into my heart as he twists the blade into my soul.
The apocalyptic war between the humans and the angels that happened fifty-five years ago was only the beginning. Now, a new evil threatens to destroy the peace Faris’s people worked so hard to create. The time will come when the thing I recently discovered inside myself will be put to a test.
I hope that I am worthy of this power given to me by the ancient ones, the Lost Immortals.
I pray for their forgiveness, if I am not.

Teaser:
The main difference between the two boys is their hair color and texture. Where Seth has the gray streaks framing his face and wavy brown hair, Faris has straight black hair that he usually wears in a ponytail. Now, that I know the two are brothers, the way they resemble one another so much is, well, a little bothersome to me.“I feel you staring at me,” he says with his eyes closed.Wait! The ghost has come alive.Right away, he moves to a position on his side and props his head over on his hand. He gives me a mischievous, dimpled grin. “Does it turn you on when you compare me to my brother?”Crap! Busted, Prizeon.Damn him for being so observant.
Be sure to check out the current giveaways, upper right sidebar. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment