Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday - Opal - with Teasers 9/26


Waiting on Wednesday

**Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at the Breaking The Spine. That spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly waiting in anticipation**


I can't wait for Opal, I need me some more Lux love, lol, I waited to do my waiting post for this, until the new cover came out, and did the reveal a few days ago, I LOVE it, Daemon is so HOT!
Summary Below

No one is like Daemon Black.

When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn’t fooling around. Doubting him isn’t something I’ll do again, and now that we’ve made it through the rough patches, well... There’s a lot of spontaneous combustion going on.

But even he can’t protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love.

After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different... And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.

Together we’re stronger... and they know it.
Pimp My Profile
Opal Teaser:
Teasers for Opal:
Daemon: "My lips change lives, baby."

Katy: "Truancy does it for you?"
Daemon. "You do it for me."
Pimp My Profile
Here is a fun snippet from unidentified book, that is from Daemon's POV, its on Jennifer's site here with a cute pic of a Gremilin (from the movie Grimlin's in the 80's I think, I loved that movie when I was younger)
{Remember. This tease is unedited.}

I searched for a distraction. Anything. “Tell me something I don’t know.”
Several moments passed before she spoke. “I’ve always wanted a Mogwai.”
“What?” I pulled back just enough to see her face.
Kat’s lashes still fanned her cheeks, but she was smiling, and some of the pressure eased off my chest. “You’ve seen Gremlins, right? Remember Gizmo?” When I nodded, she laughed. The sound was hoarse, as if she hadn’t laughed in a while. Which, of course, she hadn’t. “Mom let me watch it when I was a kid and I was obsessed with Gizmo. I wanted one more than I wanted anything in the world. I even promised Mom that I wouldn’t feed it after midnight or get it wet.”
I rested my chin atop her head and grinned at the image of the little brown and white furball sprouting pods. The grin spread into a smile when I realized she wasn’t shaking anymore. “I don’t know.”
“What?” She burrowed closer, tucking her fingers against the collar of my shirt.
Tightening my hold on her, I closed my eyes for what felt like the first time in days. “If I had a Mogwai, I’d totally feed it after midnight. That mohawk gremlin was a badass.”
Kat laughed again, the sound tinkling inside me, and I felt about a thousand pounds lighter. “Why doesn’t that surprise me?” she said.
Pimp My Profile
 Another great Opal Teaser: Love this one!
Opal Teaser

"in da club"

I smiled.

His arm tightened as the beat picked up and so did my movements. “I think I like this.”
All around us, bodies were slick and shiny with sweat, as if they’d been been dancing for years. That’s the thing about places like this—you get caught up and hours go by, but they feel like long minutes.

He spun me back to him and I was on the tips of my boots, facing him, his head lowered, forehead pressed against mine, lips brushing. A rush of power went through Daemon, transferring to my skin, and in the flashing lights, we were lost in this world. Our bodies undulated with the beat, fitting together fluidly while others seemed to thrash beside us, never able to find the right sync.
It felt like it was only us on the dance floor and when his lips pressed more firmly against mine, I opened up, not losing the rhythm even though he was stealing my breath. My—our—hearts were pounding, hands grabbing, clutching, slipping over the curve of my back, and behind my lids, I saw a pinprick of white light.

Sliding my hands across his cheek, I kissed him back. Static flowed, cascading off our bodies in streams of reddish-white light that was hidden under the flickering strobe lights, flowing over the floor like a wave of electricity. And all around us, people danced, either oblivious to the shocks or fueled by them, but I didn’t care. His hands were on my hips, tugging me closer and we were so gonna end up like one of those ambiguous couples in the hallway.
Pimp My Profile
Another Teaser:
“You better, because there is punishment for breaking the rules.”
“And what kind of punishment would that be?”
Daemon chuckled. “Probably the sort of punishment you’d enjoy.”
She has this cute pic of a Mogwai, 


She has one, this is Jennifer's Mogwi, I used to have one, but do not know what happened to it. Isn't it cute. Love that snippet, wonder which book its from, maybe Opal? Wonder if its another one after Opal? Well, I know I did not see that in any of the other books. 

So what are you all waiting for? Leave me a comment, let me know, leave a link to your blog if you have a post. If a new follower, please let me know that too.


0 comments:

Post a Comment