Saturday, March 23, 2013

Chasing Shadows (Shadow #2) By S.H. Kolee Book Review

Chasing Shadows (Shadow #2)
Published October 17th 2012
ISBN13 9780988474420

Authors Website http://www.shkolee.com


Warning: Spoilers for Seeing Shadows, Book #1 of the Shadow Series, are contained in the description below. Chasing Shadows is a direct continuation of Seeing Shadows.
Caitlin Kile is on the run. Her life was shattered in one terrifying night, and now every decision she makes is a decision between life and death.
The only thing she knows for sure is that she's tired of being scared. She's no longer a victim of shadows; she's their executioner.
But who can she trust? And who can she save? Everybody Caitlin has ever loved is at risk and she'll do anything to protect them, even if it means her own death.


My Review of Chasing Shadows (#2)

Wow, I don’t really know what to say, this book had many twist and turns I was not expecting at all. The biggest twist to me had to do with Simon, but I do not want to mention what that is. The suspense was something for sure. I didn’t know what was going to happen.

I am going to make this short, so not to spoil anything. I will say, it was very exciting, very suspenseful, and I was able to understand the whole shadows thing a bit better. I like how Caitlin grew up some more in this book, but still was surprises at her hesitation on being with Simon intimately, but now that I am done with the book, am glad that she went slow, as I still do not know what to think.

I hated the ending. Nothing pisses me off more than a cliffhanger that literally ends in the middle of a high action scene with a ton of suspense. But, it still is a great book. I will have to try to get book 3 soon, and work it into my busy reading schedule, as I need to know how that ending plays out.

Yeah, its worth reading for sure, even better than book one, and look forward to book 3 Hunting Shadows.

5 out of 5 stars for me.

I was given a copy of this book by the author for my honest review.


See below for the other 2 books in this series, Books 1 and 3
Seeing Shadows (Shadow #1)
Published June 2012
ISBN13 9780988474413

Caitlin Kile was living a normal college life full of parties and early morning classes. Living with her best friend and enjoying her senior year, Caitlin's life seemed idyllic. Until her neighbor's cousin, Simon Crewe, transferred to her school, unbalancing her tightly controlled life. Because control was one thing Caitlin desperately needed.
Simon was instantly attracted to Caitlin, but he couldn't seem to get past her guarded walls. Caitlin wasn't planning on competing with all the groupies clamoring for Simon's attention ever since he became the lead singer of a popular band. But despite Caitlin's refusal to show any interest in him, Simon couldn't seem to shake his attraction to her.
But Simon didn't know everything about Caitlin. He didn't know about the images of death that haunted her while she was awake. Or the gripping terrors that plagued her at night.
And Simon couldn't possibly know that those terrors were determined to destroy him.


Hunting Shadows (Shadow #3)
Published March 4th 2013
ISBN13 9780988474444
Series Shadow #3



Hunting Shadows is the third and final installment of the Shadow Series. Warning: Spoilers for Books 1 & 2 are contained below.
Caitlin Kile has been through hell and back. The war between seers and vardogers is only just beginning yet she's already suffered unimaginable losses. Revenge is the only thing fueling her to fight back, but what she doesn't realize is that she still has so much more to lose.
Good and evil will battle for human souls and Caitlin must draw the line between her enemies and allies. Putting her trust in the right person will determine her victory or her death.

0 comments:

Post a Comment