Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Tuesday Teasers & Tuesday Intros First Chapter ~ Blood and Moonlight and Dark Seraphine! 11/27


Teaser Tuesday Is a Weekly bookish Meme, Hosted by MitzB of Should Be Reading. 

Anyone can play along.  Just do the following:


 Grab your current read Open to a random page Share 2 (Two) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

   Be Careful, No Spoilers Please (Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don’t want to ruing the book for others)    Share title and author too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their tbr list if they like your teaser!Please leave me a comment with either the link to your own Teaser Tuesdays post, or share your ‘teasers’ in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog) Thanks! 


Reading Blood and Moonlight, and Loving it.

Teaser #1 (She is a half fae, half werewolf, he is all werewolf)

"When you touch me, there’s this—I don’t know how to explain it. It sounds kind of dumb when I think about it.""Surge of power that shoots through you, like electricity?" he asked. I nodded. He rested his head against mine. "Your magic is unique. Since this is a first for me as well, I am not sure I can explain it, though I believe it is a simple case of one soul finding its opposite half. ""One soul completing the other? You really believe that?"

Teaser #2

The car bumped them and Devlin sped up. It did little good as the car kept pace and sped right up alongside them. When the passenger window came down, he caught a glimpse of a gun barrel."Get down!" He yelled at Kiara as he pressed the gas pedal to the floor. The glass from the back window shattered and the woman he was sworn to protect sat up in her seat."What the hell?""I said get down!""Forget it. I don’t sit on the sidelines." She grabbed her gun from under the seat where she’d stashed it and checked the clip. Then she picked up his firearm.The car beside them had regained its position and continued to match them in speed. 




Tuesday Intros, First Chapter, First Paragraph

First Chapter First Paragraph - Tuesday Intros Hosted by Bibliophile By The Sea

Every Tuesday I will participate in the Tuesday Intro First Chapter-First Paragraph Intros.
These are books we decided to read based on the first paragraph or so. Then find another “Teaser” in the book somewhere to catch our interest. Leave me a comment with link to your post, and if your a new follower be sure to let me know. I want to be sure to follow back.



I Love Kasonndra's work, she is amazing, fell in love with her book The Lost Immortals :When Copper Suns Fall, and Now this one. This is told from a guys POV, which is a nice change. Let me know what you think. 

Chapter One
That’s it. 
I’m putting a for-sale sign on my parents. Ok wait. Perhaps I overreacted. The situation wasn't as miserable as I made it sound. I guess it could be worse.
Last night my parents told me that we were moving to a place in the Blue Ridge Mountains next year. Great, right? Wrong! I mean, what were they thinking? Did they seriously expect me to just pick up and leave during my senior year? Yeah, I know. Freaking nuts!
The unstable weather here along the New Bern coastline finally got to them. I figured if I send them to a hypnotist or something like that, then he can make them change their minds. All right, that probably sounded extreme. But a boy’s lifeline consisted of his friends, his posse, and the list of phone numbers programmed into his Droid. No, I wasn’t only talking about the ones I collected from my old girlfriends that I kept stashed away.

Teaser:
Her voice was smooth like a forgotten song,  a hypnotic one. I could listen to it all day long. But even a super sexy voice didn’t change the fact that she pretty much read my mind. “Have you decided whether you’ll run or not yet? I have an awful lot of things to take care of.”She turned her head the slightest bit to the side. My underarms prickled. I was glad that Mom forced me to start using the clinical strength deodorant this morning; to say I was nervous wasn’t  even close to how I felt. “Are you an angel?” I asked, my voice squeaking on the last word. 





0 comments:

Post a Comment